“Smooth dive shop and superb diving”

Pro Dive Cairns Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Barrier Reef scuba diving liveaboards, day diving trips and diver training off Cairns, North Queensland, Australia. Catering for novice divers and qualified divers as well as offering diving training and a dive shop, ProDive operates dive vessels and dive boats and is Cairns' premier dive company.
San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Smooth dive shop and superb diving”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were on ProDives 3 day/2 night live aboard. Aside from some rougher waters on the first day that caused a few people on the boat seasickness (that's Mother Nature for you), the experience couldn't have been better.

The dives were incredible. We saw the largest clams ever, turtles were everywhere (including two of the largest ever on the night dive), night diving with grey reef sharks, rays, and the shallows had so much color, fish, and bommies.

The crew couldn't have been more helpful and nice (special shout out to Chris (aka Irish) and Sam), and they all ran a smooth operation on the boat. Also, the food was really good for a smaller boat (lasagna really surprised us).

One of the best experiences was the fact that all of the dives (except for the first and the first night dive) for the certified divers was unguided. We were provided with a top notch, detailed briefing before each dive, and safety was always a main focus. Being advanced divers, it made the dives even more fun as my girlfriend and I felt like we were the only people in the water a few times and had the whole coral to ourselves.

One thing to note. Do know that if you are an advanced diver, a big portion of the crowd on the boat were doing their open water certs. So it's a younger more inexperienced crowd, which was fine as everyone was super friendly and from all different cultures which added to the experience.

Thanks to ProDive for making our Great Barrier Reef diving trip unforgettable!

Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“I would defintely do this again”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

we did the 2 night liveaboard back in august 2013 it is a very well operated organisation. staff at the shop and onboard were fantastic, friendly, helpful and fun. the boat was modern and well laid out. we had the double room next to the lounge not large but you only sleep in them anyway. the dive briefs were very informative and we never got lost once. the dive sites were some of the best I have been to. the meals on board were always satisfying with plenty to eat. there was plenty of room on the dive deck to gear up and move around other divers. unfortunately the only downside was the trip out and back from cairns to the reef and was made worse by one of the engines being out so I was a slow rough journey home. We are now talking about doing this trip again

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing learn to dive experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I did a 5 days learn to dive course and adventure diver course with pro dive.
Instructors are professional, funny and nice. The course run efficiently and smoothly. 3 days live on board is an amazing experience. Its all about diving, eating and sleep. The food on boat is more than enough, we can even have a second round. There are also cakes and dessert serve during tea time. The cabin is clean and tidy. There were briefings and evaluation every time before and after a dive. With the 4 training dives, not only we did different skills, instructors also guided us to see some marine organisms. Great trip with pro dive, I will join them again if theres an opportunity.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“professional, amazing, fun”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Did the 3-day, 2-night live aboard as a certified diver. I was a little nervous about the lack of a guide to begin with, but the dive briefings were really good, and the dive guides offered to come in the water and lead groups (I actually declined because their instruction was so good that I felt comfortable without them).
The staff was very professional, with lots of safety checks and worked very hard and amazingly smoothly.
The equipment was all in very good condition.
The food was good and there was always a lot of it. The chef was very accommodating and turned out amazing food in such a tiny, rocking kitchen!

I got pretty sea sick on the way out as the boat is small (even though I had taken meds) and the boat continuously rocks all the time. I don't generally tend to get sea sick, so if you do, I'm not sure I would recommend such a small boat.
However, that was the only negative aspect of my trip, and the staff was very sweet trying to make me feel better.

The reef itself was fantastic. Definitely a must see.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank alilml
South East Sulawesi, Indonesia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Professional”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was booked in for a 3 day 2 night liveaboard but ProDive had to cancel due to routine maitanace on one of their boats taking longer than expected.
They phoned me up as soon as they learnt of the problem and gave us the option to recive a refund, rescedule our trip for a later date or fit us on with a diferent operator who was running pretty much the same trip on the same day we were booked in for with ProDive.

We opted to go with the operator the offered and they sorted out all the booking stuff for us. We didn't have to do a thing. The new tour we are on is slightly dearer but ProDive picked up the extra cost for us.

Thank you ProDive for being a professional dive operator who looks after it's clients.

Visited June 2014