“Faultless 5days” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pro Dive Cairns Day Trips

Pro Dive Cairns Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Barrier Reef scuba diving liveaboards, day diving trips and diver training off Cairns, North Queensland, Australia. Catering for novice divers and qualified divers as well as offering diving training and a dive shop, ProDive operates dive vessels and dive boats and is Cairns' premier dive company.
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Faultless 5days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just finished the open water cert. taught by Kiwi Mark & trainee Will, Both great guys, very down to earth easy to get on with and knowledgeable! We did 2days in theory and pool learning skills, Mark was great at ensuring we were all comfortable and wouldn't rush us while learning in the pool. We then did 3days out on the GBR, the reefs are awesome with amazing coral and sealife to be seen! Wall-e and Brian to name a few! The boat was great fun with everyone on it being laid back and relaxed, the whole crew were great and did all thy could to keep everyone safe and happy, The food was in no shortage and a great standard, all the other instructors were just as friendly and approachable and always on hand to help or answer any questions. As a whole the 5days totally exceeded my expectations, I'd do it again in a heart beat, the best thing I've done In Australia. I will defiantly be back on that boat when I return! Thanks again to Mark and Will and good luck to him with his new job!
Cheers,
Ben

• Finnish first
South Lake Tahoe, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“3 Day Live Aboard Trip Was Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great dive locations and a smooth operation.
The boat was well maintained and the equipment was in excellent condition.
Food was abundant and delicious. Lots of salads and fruit available.
We had certified divers and snorkelers in our group. The dives are unguided but the briefing is clear enough to permit one to complete the route unaided. Many other passengers on the boat were either certifying for the first time or upgrading their training. The weather was windy and chilly (June) so the snorkelers had a rough time. They still thought the trip was excellent as the locations had plenty of shallow reef to explore.
Our only major complaint is that they do not provide towels (2 per person requested) and if you are coming from afar, buying towels just to use on the boat is an unavoidable expense. Plus, you end up with sopping wet towels at the end of the trip.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My partner and I did a 3 day 2 night liveaboard trip with ProDive after the 2 day beginner and refresher course in Cairns. We had a great experience for the entire time. Excellent staff, great oppurtunities to see lots during the dives, very professional. The food was great thanks to Jack our chef, and we really enjoyed the whole experience. Would definitely reccommend to anyone looking to dive the great barrier reef!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Where to learn to dive? Prodive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have just come back from one of the best experiences of my life! The learn to dive course is veery intensive and it took me a couple of extra sessions with a dive instructor 1:1 with me to get me up to a standard where i could go out to sea but let me tell you that I had the best instruction that i've ever had. Tracy was the impersonation of patients and calmness and took me through the skills i would need really slowly and methodically but went past the skills that I was finding more difficult and just came back to them when we had the time. The three extra 1:1 sessions did not seem expensive when I had them. I can also say that they gave me free access to group pool sessions so that i would be properly prepared to go out to sea. They know how to run a business but also know how to get people certified even if its going to take them a while.

Going out to the Great Barrier reef was the experience of a lifetime. The food was fantastic and The staff were all fantastic at their jobs and keeping everyone else safe. I had a great bunch of guests on board which probably helped. The Instruction I got from James and Junji was again amazing and after the first 10 minutes in the water on the 1st dive I relaxed and started to enjoy my diving. James my open Water instructor for the trip was really great to work with under water. The skills that you have to do underwater are not all that difficult and the pool work id done before hand gave me a lot of confidence that i could go and pass the skills without a problem. Even the new skills they teach you on on the course are not all that difficult. When my dive buddy panicked and had to go to the surface i managed to remain totally calm while James took him to the surface and came back down. The free dives are great fun and once your certified it is a fantastic feeling just diveing with someone else who is at the same level of experience. The adventure course gives you just that litle bit more confidence by taking you down to 30m below the surface. The night dive is so much fun once you get used to the dark under water world. I felt perfectly safe with Junji my instructor for the adventure course. A whole new world opened up for me over the past couple of days thanks to Pro Dive. I just cant wait to get in the water again

Would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn how to dive They are amazing!

1 Thank Charlie-Howarth
Manchester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An Excellent 3 Day Liveaboard Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

A well organised full on 3 days.
Set off at 6.30 on day 1 arrived back in Cairns about 4.30 day 3 having had 11 dives.
We were 28 passengers with 6 crew and were looked after admirably. Accommodation and catering were good backpack standard but never a shortage of eats. Fresh made cakes and coffee go down well after a dive. Sam, the captain, kept everything shipshape, Jack , the cook, provided an endless supply of food, Chloe, the dive master, gave thorough and very informative briefings aided by the 3 friendly instructors, Mark, Kelvin and Florian.
It was good to have a farewell drink at the Bavarian Bier Keller!
Would love to go back soon!

Visited May 2014