“Great experience”

and up
Reef and Rainforest Tandem Sky Dive in Cairns
Ranked #40 of 134 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My first ever sky dive, instructors were welcoming and helpful. The jump was amazing, great views, they video you and make a little movie which was excellent. I did think i was diving more over the Reef rather than seeing it in the distance, is my only negative. But maybe booking through Viator meant I didn't look into it enough myself. My video also didn't get my landing on as the instructors hard drive was full, which was a real shame as Im not sure I could do it again! Great experience though, and would recommend.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"great video"
"safety video"
in 4 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"adrenaline rush"
in 10 reviews
"super fun"
"weather conditions"

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Skydiving is something I have always wanted to try, and the east coast of Australia has a few good places to do it. We went with SkyDive Cairns, who are part of the same company as Skydive the reef Cairns so make sure you know which one you are booking as the sites are slightly different. All of the crew were amazing, they really made you feel at ease and went out of their way to make sure you enjoyed yourself. I had Jacko as my Tandem partner and he was great. He talked to me the whole way in the plane ride so I didn't actually have time to get nervous. It was a huge thrill and I was ready to do it all over again as soon as I landed! Jacko also took videos and photos for me and they are great! I also liked the fact that he took videos of me and my friends so we all had a shared memory of the experience. Highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to try skydiving!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We managed to book this on a Tuesday to sky dive on the Thursday which was great.
We were picked up at 7am and taken to the site where fortuntely we were the first dive so we didn't have to wait.
My instructor, Ben, was brilliant. Really laid back and easy to chat to. He made sure I was ok and on the flight up pointed out all the different areas of interest in and around Cairns.
The jump itself was unbelievable, although my one recommendation is to check exactly what you're booking as there is Skydive The Reef Cairns which must be over the reef and SkyDive Cairns, which we did, which is over land. You can still see the reef and it is absoloutely beautiful :)

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The skydive was just plainly amazing. I felt safe every minute of the descend and during the complete experience.
Thanks guys, you rock!
The DVD is worth it as well, a nice reminder and memory of this amazing experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This would have to be one of the most amazing things that I have ever done and I would without a doubt do it all over again! The staff were professional, friendly and made me feel very comfortable, safe and at ease.
The jump was absolutely exhilarating! Free falling for 60 seconds through the clouds at speeds of over 200km/hr was the biggest rush & like nothing else! My heart was pounding out of my chest and I was screaming my lungs out but loved every second of it! Finally when the parachute opens the mood changes immediately. It is so calm and peaceful floating back down to the ground and overlooking some breathtaking scenery.
The DVD and pictures were well worth the extra money. The filming started just after harnessing up on the tarmac with a little interview on how I was feeling and shows the whole skydiving process... From boarding the little plane with the other skydivers, flying up to 14,000ft, the beautiful views, the jump, free falling, floating, right through to the landing in the sugar cane fields. I was very impressed with how the DVD had been edited to some cool music and glad to have a memento to take home and show my family and friends.
The only advice I could offer is if you are wanting to land on the beach be sure to clarify this when you book as I believe there are several drop zones. Whether you are the thrill seeker type or just looking to get out of your comfort zone I would definitely recommend skydiving as a must do while in Cairns. An absolutely incredible experience!

1  Thank Meghan B