“Fabulous Hotel, great location, awesome views”

Jack & Newell Cairns Holiday Apartments
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I found this hotel/apartment on Trip Advisor, and I am so happy. Stayed in a very clean & spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath with my adult sons and husband. We were on the 7th floor and had a beautiful view of the harbor and waterway. Walking distance to everything. Hats off to the most incredible hotel manager, David, he went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. He helped us set up an amazing tour of the rain forest and also a tour to the Great Barrier Reef. Both tours were top notch! Prior to our stay I emailed David several times asking him for advise, he got back to me right away. Highly recommend Jack & Newells!

Room Tip: Deluxe 2 bedroom, upper floor with view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Newell2729, Manager at Jack & Newell Cairns Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thanks Dizzy5 for your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your tours. Cairns has some amazing sights and it is very rewarding to be able to recommend the best options for our guests. Best wishes and thanks again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

6 adults stayed for 3 nights in an Oceanview apartment. The apartment had everything we needed and close to grocery stores. Actually, it was close to everything! We loved our stay and would definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rascoolbreeze
Newell2729, Manager at Jack & Newell Cairns Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hello Rascoolbreeze
We think the location is perfect with just a short stroll to everything and glad you found it to be so.
Thanks so much for providing your feedback, we appreciate it.
Best Wishes.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My parents (older) and I (not as old) stayed for three nights.
When booking this hotel I quite simply searched for the highest rated hotel in Cairns that suited our needs and John and Newell came up. Suffice it to say that there wasn't a single complaint or murmur that we might have thought to raise.
I quite selfishly rarely write about my travels on Tripadvisor. Laziness perhaps. Having had the pleasure of staying here I feel obliged to give my two cents.
Particularly notable was the service of David at the front desk. I won't elaborate other than to say that having stayed in the past at fine 4 and 5 star establishments with what i thought up until now was immaculate service, we were blown away by the time and effort David went to in suggesting, helping, planning and booking our activities.
The apartments/rooms are spotless, modern and huge.
The location is as good as it gets.
Would I recommend this place? Don't look any further!
I look forward to going back with my wife (perhaps not my parents though).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello embazzle and thank you so much for leaving your review of us. we really appreciate it. We enjoy seeing our guests have a fabulous time enjoying Cairns great attractions and we are so happy that you and your parents had a great time. We look forward to be able to host you and your wife plus 1 in the future. Best regards from us all.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself, my sister, her fiance and my friend stayed at the Jack and Newell apartments for just under 2 weeks in September 2013. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment overlooking the water. The apartment was spotless and the facilities were fantastic. The location was also perfect, we couldn't have asked for a better spot because we had easy access to everything. We had access to the complex pool and outdoor BBQ area which was great.

The staff were great! We got picked up from the airport and dropped off again when we were leaving, and David the owner was amazing! It was our first time in Australia so we had a lot we wanted to do during our stay. We literally gave him a list of the activities and what days we wanted to do them, and he booked it all for us. He told us what companies were best for each activity, he helped us rent a car at a reasonable price, he drew us out maps to show us the best attractions to visit. He could not have done anything more for us!

I could not fault this apartment and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review rjd14. Our cleaners work very hard to ensure the apartments are very clean and I will pass your comments on to them. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the time taken to share your thoughts with us. Many thanks.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were 5 for a weekend and they really helped us in our stay because the weather really didn't. It rained for the whole time but David helped us to make our schedule to enjoy our time as much as possible. They have book, games, movies and everything you need if have to stay at the hotel and for every activity they have discounts and give excellent tips about who you have to take for every tour. Our room looked to the wharfs it was big, clean and it had everything you need to live for the time of the stay.
Great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Javi B

Hello Javi B
Sorry the weather was not ideal during your stay but glad you had a pleasant stay nonetheless. Our views from the water view apartments are fantastic and glad you enjoyed them.
Thanks for taking the time to post your opinion we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Myself, my wife, and 2 adult kids stayed here for 3 nights in Feb. 2014. I found this location on TA as I have a hard time finding rooms for 4 people outside of the US. I was very satisfied. I paid around $320/night for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite with kitchen, washer and dryer, and living room. I e-mailed David regarding availability and he promptly answered my questions and offered a 5% discount. The location was great next to the boat terminal for the reef and in town stores and restaurants. The building was also very quiet and well maintained. David is also very helpful in setting up your reef trip or other excursions. He got us a 10% discount on the reef trip with Ocean Freedom and helped us with a discount with a smaller car rental company to see the rainforest to the south of Cairns. They do provide transfers from the airport for the same $ as a taxi but their van was out of service when we were there. They do not charge for parking in the 1st floor deck. Some other reviewers complain about an ant problem and David was upfront about this. There is spray in the rooms and you do not need to leave food out but it really did not bother us much. They did have unlimited internet. The only problem we had was drying clothes in the extremely small dryer. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: request higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Phoenix1958 for posting a review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Cairns has so many great natural attractions to experience and we are happy you enjoyed them. Best regards.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Everything reach soooo close to perfection! Awesome sea view from each room and balcony. Best location 5-10 minutes to the city shops and restaurants. Clean and very friendly staffs assisted us to find a better alternative for trips. Also the bed is so comfortable! Me and my family very enjoyed the stay will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank SophieLin720

Hello Sophielin and thanks so much for leaving your thoughts. We are glad you enjoyed our place and look forward to seeing you again in the future.