“Cairns Harbour Cruises”

Green Island Half Day Trip from Cairns
US$37.04*
Cairns Sunset Cruise and Optional Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Alongside Cairns is a magnificent tidal estuary that is rarely seen, except by fishermen. Only accessible by boat, M.V. Crocodile Explorer is a comfortable, air-conditioned vessel taking small numbers of visitors along Trinity Inlet on this scenic nature cruise. With waterways winding through a 300 square kilometre maze of mangroves, expect rich diverse wildlife, stunning scenery and a relaxing cruise with informative commentary from our crew. This is the saltwater crocodile’s natural habitat – with a chance to spot them basking on the muddy banks particularly in the cooler months. Cairns Harbour Cruises depart daily at 11.00am and 1.30pm for a 2 hour cruise.We also offer an evening cruise departing at 5.30pm daily.Picture yourself drinking sparkling wine while watching the tropical sunset from Trinity Inlet. A sunset cruise aboard the MV Crocodile Explorer sets the tone for an unforgettable evening. As our friendly crew greet you on board you will be offered a welcome drink to enjoy on deck prior to departure. The Sunset Cruise allows passengers to soak in beautiful views of the waterways, mangroves and mountains in the magical early evening sun. The 90 minute cruise includes a sparkling wine, standard beer, wine or soft drink and savoury nibbles on arrival.
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Cairns Harbour Cruises”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very relaxing and informative cruise, taking in the Cairns skyline at night. A very enjoyable meal at a waterfront restaurant afterwards is included in price. Good value.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank gary_heritage

North Yorkshire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a lovely way to see the Great Barrier Reef.
Excellent staff, brilliant talks, and freedom to swim, or paddle

Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sunset cruise - over rated”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I went on this sunset cruise and also chose to upgrade our package to include diner at Dundees. The cruise itself was ok, we went I. June and the sun set quickly so most of the cruise was in darkness. Would recommend it in the summer, but in the winter the sun sets too early so not much time to enjoy the sun set.

DO NOT pick to upgrade to include dinner. It was a complete waste of money. We had to wait 3 hours at the restaurant to get all of our courses. We were treated as second rate citizens as we were part of the cruise and not regular patrons of the restaurant. The food was average at best and the service was terrible.

So book the sunset cruise only in the summer and go somewhere else for dinner.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Her_too
BigCat73, Manager at Cairns Harbour Cruises, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your review, although I am surprised to hear about some of the comments that have been made.
Hannah, with regards to the cruise itself , we will take your point on board about the timing and may look in the future at offering an earlier service during this time of year should it work operationally for us and our passengers .

With regards to your meal, I'm amazed at your comments. As you will note from reading previous reviews below on this site and also on Dundee's site. We have been congratulated on many occasions for quality of product , fast and speedy service as well as high quality service on both the vessel and at Dundee's.
First of all I must point out that your comment with regards to having to wait 3 hours for all courses is a complete fabrication of the truth. I have followed up with the restaurant and can confirm the last couple to leave the restaurant that was on our dinner package was in fact at 20.43. I'm sure you can appreciate this is nearer half the time of what you have suggested above. The proof of this fact is on your bill.
With regards to your other comments and service, I am surprised none of this was brought to the attention of the staff or management at the restaurant or ourselves at the time so something could be done to rectify the situation.

Hannah, I appreciate everyone is entitled to their own opinions, if you would like to elaborate more about your concerns and comments made , please feel free to contact me directly at chris@greenisland.com.au and I will be more than happy to follow up further.

Thanks and regards,

Chris Koscielny
Sales Manager
Ballarat, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I took this harbour cruise after a day out on the reef and wish I had taken it first - I'm not a good sea goer - so this harbour cruise was perfect - calm and relaxing with drinks and nibblies along the way - a good way to see the ecosystem around the area and maybe spot a croc...

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lew26
Geelong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Poor customer service and communication”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I did not actually get to go on the Cairns Harbour Cruise, despite having looked forward to the two-hour cruise. The reason - the cruise was not operating for the next three weeks! I had checked the company's website before arriving in Cairns and again the day before and it clearly stated: "Tour operates daily except Christmas Day". The booking desk was closed the evening before when I got to the Reef Terminal, but large signs confirmed the tours daily at 11.00am and 1.30pm. I returned the next morning with my young son to book the cruise only to be told that the tours were not running until the end of the month! Surely that fact could have been stated on the tour desk or website? That's what websites are for! There is not excuse for this lack of communication and disregard for potential clients.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank GWP
BigCat73, Manager at Cairns Harbour Cruises, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback regarding our lack of clear communication on scheduled maintenance of our Crocodile Explorer vessel. This has been an ongoing process with a couple of delays being caused for reasons out of our control. However we understand this is not your problem, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Based on your comments, we have included a more prominent note on the home page regarding the tour not being operational. On behalf of the Company, our apologies,
Regards