“Teach Others”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairns
Rydges Esplanade Holiday Apartments
Ranked #7 of 14 Cairns B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Teach Others”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Please extend your complete hospitality service to others in your industry. I want to yell out to the rest of Australia, "Get your staff properly trained and go to Europe and see how it's done!"
Even South Africa, Zambia and Thailand have superior service. At Rydges I received impeccable attention from all levels of staff. From Checking in to spending four nights including dining and bar service; I just cannot fault the venue. I really am embarrassed by the service in the hospitality industry but you made me feel that maybe there are some venues that care about a universal environment that always needs to be ahead of the guests' needs.
Kind regards,
Barbara Power.

Room Tip: Never stop using your manners and calm down. A smile, a please and a thank you go a long way. Good t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbarapower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rylstone, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our initial concern at being led through a carpark, past the laundry trolley and skip bin was momentarily alleviated by our surprise at our enormous room with fantastic view of the ocean. Two huge bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, great verandah and big living areas - just great! A bit mouldy smelling, but we overlooked that and cheerily headed out for dinner. On our return we found our bathroom and a large area of carpet soaked with water from the aircon. The staff were very attentive and helpful but over the course of our stay more problems emerged. A sagging, dirty couch, poorly equipped kitchen, a constantly blinking phone that had to be disconnected from the power so we could sleep, threadbare towels, extreme smell of mould, grotty taps in the bathroom and to top it off, a used bandaid on the floor of the bedroom (not ours!). We are not complainers but being loyal Rydges clients this is one that we are surprised they would put their name to. A great location, and for a three night stay we could put up with it, but we won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roses273

Travellers are raving about these Cairns hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed in an apartment room on a Saturday with my husband and parents, and while it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed it certainly wasn't the best. The view is awesome, but the actual rooms are very old and smelly - a hybrid of the mould coming from the air-conditioning units and my old grandmother! We were shown to our room by a porter who took us past the stinky dumpster and showed us "our parking spot" - which we later discovered was just one that was empty at the time, as they dont have allocated spots. Not having a parking spot wouldn't have bothered us as we weren't expecting to have one, but when we later found out it kind of ticked us off a bit that we had been told we DID have one when we didn't.

The facilities are old, the paint on the walls is peeling and bubbling, and as I mentioned before the air-conditioners are moudly. The pool looked very nice but the spa was quite grotty, and from the look of things the hotel tower was nicer than the apartment tower that we were in.

I think this is just a building they are sitting on because it has a great location, and they will eventually do some thorough refurbishment or knock it down, and for the price we paid (about $240 for a room that sleeps 6) it was very adequate, but if I were the Rydges chain I wouldn't want my name on this place. Overall I'd say the rooms were fine but I would not go there expecting any kind of acceptable service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kazleberry
Aberdeen
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Nice clean spacious accomodation with a well equiped kitchen.
We had beautiful views from every window.
The hotel staff were very friendly.
The only negative thing we have to say about the accomodation is that we felt that the 'living room' could have done with a lick of lighter paint to brighten it up a bit. Felt a bit gloomy with the strong dark colours on the wall.

Room Tip: Sea views are a must.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Beijing
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I was trapped in Cairns for three days because of the cyclone Yasi,just staying in this resort.But the survice is so sweet that I did't feel scared at all.Let alone its perfect location(though I did't have too much chance to go to the beach),its comfortable room.It's really nice!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family