“Nice but not fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 52 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Cafe Restaurant serving Specialty coffee, single origins, cold brew & filter coffee. Tasty breakfast and lunch, gallery art vibes, Free wifi, Open 7 days. Monday to Friday, 7am till 3pm. Saturday 730am -3pm. Sunday 8am till 2pm.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Over the last couple of days I had a breakfast and lunch here. Breakfast was the Chilli eggs which was nicely done (perhaps a little on the expensive side for just 2 eggs) Latte tasted a burnt for my liking. Lunch I wanted to try the Pork Belly but it was unavailable so I went for the Terrine and was disappointed my mate tried a special dish and like it. Lunch is a VERY limited menu. Cola drink is nice, but its not coke (I'm a coke addict). The place has a very funky atmosphere and the waitress was very nice. This place closes at 3pm

1  Thank CairnsOne

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Saw the art at the beginning of ally, being a coffee addict curiosity got the better of me.

Down the ally found awesome wall of art and quirky outdoor setting. Inside lovely open design and amazing smells.

My partner had chilli eggs with bacon and avocado.. omg the chilli chutney was beautiful poached eggs will never be the same. I had the scrambled eggs not sure what they do to them but they made what is normally a simple breakfast taste amazing.

Coffee was lovely.

And for the serious coffee addict they have T-shirts for sale via red bubble :)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Out of the three breakfast places we checked out in Cairns, this was definitely my fave. The calibre is up there with breakfast places in Melbourne. The only thing that didn't give it a 5 circle rating was the fact that when the waitress handed us our menus, she spouted off a bout 3 or 4 dishes that were unavailable, not sure why maybe it was lack of ingredients, but it was only about 11:00am at this point.
I settled with a fancier version of a BLT and got a side of their hand cut "chips". These ended up being more like wedges and were very thick cut. Not my favourite type of chips but the aioli was nice. My partner got one of their specials of the day and he cleaned his plate. Food came out fairly quick and there was no wait when we arrived. If you're looking for a nice breakfast joint in Cairns, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Great cute place hidden in the laneway. Felt like being in Melbourne! The food was fantastic (had the chilli eggs with extra bacon and avocado). It was very tasty!!! But the coffee was OK. Tasted burned and very strong. However I would definetely go back again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not only was the food and drink outstanding, but the attentiveness of the staff was outstanding too. We rocked up with our 2-year-old and our hefty space-consuming stroller and no one batted an eyelid. More than that, the table service staff went out of their way to help us get comfortable. What a refreshing change from Cairns' usual ambivalent reaction to a toddler invasion. I'm so grateful. It's not often as a parent with a young child that you get to feel like you're entitled to a grown-up classy coffee and a grown-up classy meal AND be the parent of a toddler. We will visit Caffiend every time we come to Cairns and recommend it to anyone we know going there too.