“Great Cafe”

Ranked #2 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Specialty coffee + single origins + cold brew + filter coffee. Tasty breakfast and lunch + Laneway street art + Free wifi + Open 7 days. Monday to Saturday, 730am till 3pm. Sunday 8am till 2pm.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Being from Melbourne Australia, it can be a challenge to get the great coffee that my home city is renowned for. But this Cafe in Cairns was the best we found. There was no need to go looking for other cafes. The first time I was there was for a breakfast. The coffee and meals were very nice and the service from the young girl serving was awesome. My second visit was early in the afternoon a few weeks later on a second visit and there were two guys behind the counter. I stood there for some time before I was acknowledged. That is the only reason I did not rate 5 stars. But once served, they were friendly and polite and the coffee was sensational.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The eggs with chilli jam are expensive (if you add the bacon and avo), but delicious! The coffee is always good. Only meal I would steer away from is the croque monsieur - eughhh.... yuk!

1  Thank AlT816
Reviewed 7 June 2014

All men are created equal.

Food however is not.

My only regret in life is that i do not have 12 hands to give this place 12 thumbs up.

- Food sculpted as if by the very hands Zeus himself; Amazing. Flavours as deep and as vibrant as a YoGabba Gabba episode.

- The legal liquid crack that they serve as coffee. Amazing.

Outstanding.

1  Thank KingPodge
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My nan and I decided to try caffiend for lunch. I googled gluten free places in cairns and this came up, I thought the atmosphere was great we were lucky to find a table with the lunch rush but even though the place was pumping with people we found a nice table for two. The service was great, the coffee and food was amazing fairly different to what I'm used to but loved every mouthful we also didn't have to wait very long for our coffee and meals. The staff were polite and friendly. We left feeling very full and satisfied .

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Over the last couple of days I had a breakfast and lunch here. Breakfast was the Chilli eggs which was nicely done (perhaps a little on the expensive side for just 2 eggs) Latte tasted a burnt for my liking. Lunch I wanted to try the Pork Belly but it was unavailable so I went for the Terrine and was disappointed my mate tried a special dish and like it. Lunch is a VERY limited menu. Cola drink is nice, but its not coke (I'm a coke addict). The place has a very funky atmosphere and the waitress was very nice. This place closes at 3pm

1  Thank CairnsOne