“Relaxing and stress free•” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$69.81*
and up
Green Island Day Trip from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Island is a tropical island paradise on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises offers full and half day reef cruises departing daily from Cairns at 9am, 11am & 1pm. Activities that are offered include snorkelling, diving, glass bottom boat and semi-submarine coral viewing tours, relaxing on the beach and exploring Green Island National Park. Transfers are by modern air-conditioned catamaran.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cairns Region, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing and stress free•”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Friendly and professional from my first inquiry. Helpful and patient too, as I had to change my booking numbers 3 times.
We went on the Reef Rocket 11am, so a quick trip over, after an hour snorkelling, we had seen a couple of cool starfish, a ray, and a massive Travelly but the millions of sardines in a huge ball,with hungry bigger fish circling was the most amazing to watch . Great option for families with small children, people with disabilities and non swimmers as well. Whole experience was very relaxing.

1 Thank Geriholiday

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We did the full day tour 11am departure. We found the trip out very pleasant with a calm ride and good safety instruction.
On arriving at the island we had to go straight to the prebooked lunch as time dictated, only to find the big boat overwhelmingly crowded with chinese, hard to find a spare seat, and poor ventilation. The food was good though and convenient to not have to carry your own.
Shocked to see the very touristy clothing shops and other amenities on the small island. Was not prepared for this. We headed in the opposite direction to find some peace and quiet. A lovely short walk around the island and good to see some wildlife in the bush.
We did the semi-sub tour, found the water clarity very poor even though there had been days of good weather prior-suspect the number of people and boats in the water contributing to this which isnt ideal for maintaining pristine reef. We did see 3 sea turtle which was really cool.
We then only had a short time to snorkel, about 1/2 an hour in the water by the time we changed and walked out to the deeper water. Saw some mice fish and a giant clam. Sadly not as much variety as I was expecting.
Then it was a quick change and back to the boat for the trip home.
I would recommend this trip for people with children who don't want to be out for a whole day and who want a safe shallow area to snorkel. Enough time to get ready in the morn and make your way to the departure point without transfers. I wouldnt recommend this trip for people interested in seeing pristine environment or those wanting to avoid
crowds. It would have been nice to have been warned about the excessively touristy nature of the place by our booking agent.
Would sorely hope the rest of the reef areas arent being treated as green island is.

2 Thank KyleWhitfield
Brisbane, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fantastic day out with great swimming and snorkelling for all the family, The staff were great really friendly and helpful. Lunch on board was lovely with plenty to choose from. I booked through "visit cairns" who were so helpful and rang me to change the day we were to go as it was predicted bad weather on the day we were due to go. Would recommend this trip

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Took a day trip recently to Green Island and purchased the stinger suits as suggested.
We found the snorkelling to be WAY better during low tide as you are able to go out much further. Because of this, we were able to swim with a turtle and a huge stingray! The coral is much better viewing too when you are able to go out further.
Our day was timed well as after our first snorkel, we returned to the boat for lunch (included in our package) which was ample. We were then able to do the semi-sub tour before returning to the beach for another round of snorkelling. I would highly recommend bringing an additional bag to carry everything you hire around with you. We were happy to leave our gear on the beach all packed up together.
Great day overall, the staff were really nice and helpful. I would suggest though that the company offer some information about what activities are offered on the island prior to disembarking.

Visited February 2014
Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I go often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I live in Cairns and frequently visit Green Island with Big Cat Cruises. I tell all my family who visit Cairns to go. What I love best is snorkeling under the jetty and the lunch on board the boat. The beef curry is delish. The staff are always very professional and extremely friendly. I recommend this trip to people who dont want to bob about on the reef all day.

Visited February 2014