“Abusive ”

Description: www.motherindiacairns.com.au
Sydney, Australia
“Abusive ”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I left a feedback for the business which was real and while i was in cairns
He saw me in cairns market he started fighting for feedback and abusing me
I said leave and he started saying the owner that f*** etc

Beware guys this restaurant don't have taste and over priced
Its a shame on indian flavour
Crap idiot i should have sued him on the base of being abusive while i was for my holiday

2 Thank Bondirockss

Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Great experience”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to Mother India was just a few days ago. The restaurant was three quarters full and the waiter was efficient and very friendly. We felt comfortable asking for help while staff were walking past and when we did they were courteous an helpful.

We couldn't decide what to have and asked the owner/waiter what he would have for dinner, and we went with his recommendation. It wasn't on the menu and was amended a little ( lamb was substituted for chicken) but the meal was delicious. Asking for a very mild dish, we did get a little heat, but it was not an issue, but a child would still probably not like it.

The garlic naan was wonderful, rich and moist.

Overall the experience was good. All Cairns restaurants are over priced, but Mother India was an experience I would be happy to recommend and more importantly to repeat.

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Overpriced restaurant in cairns and local people don't know the taste”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First place ever i went in Australia where food quantity was crap as compare to Sydney.
Entrees are so expensive and you hardly get value meal.
Ordered a some pakora they were only 2 pieces and chopped in 8 pieces $11.50 price. Overpriced,
Raita was terrible with quantity and quality for $4.50.
Garlic naan was dipped like plain in oil and mince of garlic.
Rice were not fresh and were really mushy.
Curry was good and parantha.

Overall its a crap food with overpriced place where you hardly get quantity.
As an north indian i would recommend CAIRNS people give feedback add more quantity and quality

• Visited February 2014
Cairns, Australia
“You get what you want!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

My chant at any Indian restaurant is mild mild mild mild mild, and yes I know I shouldn't go to Indian restaurants if I don't like heat... But it limited our venues after awhile, until we found Mother India! When I chant my order I get what I order! I can eat it, and enjoy it!! And my friends order Indian hot, and they get what they order too, my friend has been one to sweat through a meal and say "I can't feel my lips..." And he loves it! We both order chicken korma, divine, and share a rice... And their garlic naan is to die for!!!! We end up there at least once a fortnight, management and staff are fabulous!

1 Thank Sandan71
Cairns, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had not booked and it was new years eve, we were sat and ordered within 10 minutes. All of the staff were very friendly and attentive to all customers including ourselves, looked like a family running it I think?
The food came out fairly quickly and was beautiful, we hope to go back with a few friends next time and may a real night of it. Good value for money also, it was around $20-25 per person which included a drink entree and main for both of us.

• Visited December 2013