“Fabulous cruise”

Michaelmas Cay Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
US$750.76*
3-Day Green Island Great Barrier Reef Trip from Cairns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wonderful facilities, food, staff, and the most fantastic beautiful island to visit. Simply stunning. Definitely worth it!

1  Thank Alicia Z

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Took the Ocean Spirit cruise to Michaelcas Cay on July 11. Trip was beautiful and had great accommodations. Staff was very informative of the reef and safety rules. Good food at lunch time. Great opportunity at a fair price. Would do it again in an instant.

1  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Yesterday I went on a day trip catamaran boat trip to Michaelmas Cay. I have travelled all the way from Canada to check the Great Barrier Reef off my bucket list. The Ocean Spirit was one of the best and biggest boats on the terminal. The day started at 8am, we took off for a couple hours ride to Michaelmas Cay with coffee/tea and a muffin on the way. Once we arrived, travellers were able to choose between taking a 25min ride on the glass bottom boat or start their scuba/snorkel experience. I don't know how to swim, so I got a wet suit which helped me stay buoyant in the water. I was pretty scared but the staff were able to take me on guided snorkel tours to make me feel comfortable and have the best experience ever. The water was the clearest, most beautiful blues and aquas I have ever seen. I saw every fish from the movie Finding Nemo. The weather was perfect and the water was warm. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, I would have never been able to swim as far as I did without them. They spoke english, japanese and spanish, a wide variety of languages for all the passengers to understand instructions and explainations. The photographer Nathalie was awesome and took fantastic photos of everybody that were available for purchase afterwards. I got mine on this really cute Nemo Clown fish USB :) Even as a solo traveller, I made a few friends along the way. I highly recommend Ocean Spirits as one of the best snorkel experiences on the reef!

3  Thank Phenomadom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've done around half a dozen Reef trips in Cairns and Port Douglas, and this was very poor by comparison. There were rain showers as we left, but I had no idea the seas were going to be so rough, although the crew knew because as we left the wharf a crew member told me they were expecting rough conditions, with winds of 25 to 30 knots. I have never been sick before going to the Reef, so it's not as if I am super-sensitive. I was basically sick the whole trip. It was rough.

Whilst they were in no way responsible for the weather, I was very disappointed that they did not warn passengers of the heavy seas. It would have been nice if they offered passengers the option of going another day (it's the off-season and so not busy), but even if they were so desperate to keep my money I would have been happy to have paid and not gone. They showed insensitivity and showed they don't care.

I wrote to them, not seeking anything, but unsurprisingly they showed rudeness too by not either responding or acknowledging receipt of my email.

3  Thank Norman M
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is a brilliant reef/sailing experience. I recently visited Cairns attending a tourism conference with only a single day to get out and check out what this beautiful region of Far North Queensland had to offer. A local from the wonderful wine region of McLaren Vale, South Australia a scuba dive out on the Great Barrier Reef was an absolute no-brainer. I missed my original boat due to a very late taxi but was thankfully recommended to jump onboard Ocean Spirit by not only by a local ‘wharfie’ as well as the Visitor Information Centre too (always good!). My day out on the reef was not only saved but also delivered with friendliness, freedom and finesse. I own an adventure tourism business where I am highly conscious of the expectations and demands it takes to create an enchanting experience for shared group touring while making sure passengers are safe and comfortable. The crew onboard are simply excellent. The entire team were very polite, warm, extremely attentive and approachable at all times. Even the captain, once we reached our destination made a conscious effort to engage with passengers onboard, which is a massive tick in my book. A wonderful international collection who safely took me out scuba diving that included 2 lovely Japanese tour guides who were very patient to make sure I was comfortable scuba diving again after a 5-year break. The 2 underwater experiences were exactly what I had been dreaming about for years seeing beautiful coral, clams, a range of tropical fish all with such vibrant colours. Also, a big warm thank you to the Frenchies onboard who hosted the journey making it fun, informative and extremely relaxing as we were allowed to move around the boat as we pleased. Good food with a selection of drinks on offer and a complimentary glass of bubbles on the return journey - a lovely little touch. I’ll be on the front of Ocean Spirit, in spirit racing across the stunning blue water with Cairns’ hinterland framing an unforgettable memory for many years to come.

1  Thank OffPiste4WDTours