“Leisurely Day at the Cay”

Ocean Spirit Cruises
Michaelmas Cay Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
US$748.71*
3-Day Green Island Great Barrier Reef Trip from Cairns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The whole day was lovely. The check-in was swift. The crew were attentive and couldn't do enough for you. They explained it was going to be a rough trip to Michaelmas Cay and offered sea sickness pills, a kind thought. Tea/coffee and muffins greeted us on arrival. As well as a lunch while we were there. A nice touch was a glass of sparkling wine to round off the day. At the Cay there was a continuous ferry off & on the boat. The snorkelling was fine, but the bird colony gave a wonderful show watching them flying off and onto the nests. But the best were the number of Brown Booby birds courting and nesting within feet of us. But then the piece de resistance was seeing not one but two breaching humpback whales. One off the Cay and the other on the way into port. Extraordinary.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Spirit Cruises

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went on a Catamaran to Michaelmas Cay for the day on July 10. I had scheduled a dive for that day. I wasn't nervous leading up to the dive until they briefed us quickly on what could go wrong. For someone like myself, who is a good swimmer and snorkeler, I thought what could be so bad. I didn't have a good experience and I was lucky my friend was there with me. The instructor was good but I wanted to get out at the end and it was like a ride you couldn't get off. I love skydiving and adventure, but this took me beyond my comfort zone. There was no way to end the 30 minute trek underwater. The snorkeling was amazing and I'd highly recommend the trek out to Michalemas Cay. My parents who are 65 took this trip in January and loved the crew and all. The wine at the end of the day is a nice touch:)

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing day every thing was perfect, beautiful boat ,sensational staff, great food , and the snorkelling omg saw turtles rays and a white tipped reef shark giant clams sea cucumbers purple starfish not to mention all the amazing fish and bird life on the sand island. Heaps of time to do heaps of snorkelling and mini submerged vessel as well . Could not recommend highly enough absolute highlight , second time on this boat and would do again in a heartbeat . Great value for what they charge. Natalie was a great photo taker and Bridget helped as well , food ladies also great .... Go girls . The boys were great as well , thank you for a sensational day . Melbourne girls say thanks and little Jac as well

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wonderful facilities, food, staff, and the most fantastic beautiful island to visit. Simply stunning. Definitely worth it!

1  Thank Alicia Z
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Took the Ocean Spirit cruise to Michaelcas Cay on July 11. Trip was beautiful and had great accommodations. Staff was very informative of the reef and safety rules. Good food at lunch time. Great opportunity at a fair price. Would do it again in an instant.

1  Thank Jonathan B