“Sweet as! Barefoot is number 1 for a reason :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Atherton Tablelands Tour from Cairns
Ranked #1 of 129 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Typical, rushed, overpriced tour, blah blah blah blah blah..... Nah.... BUGGER THAT!! Here at Barefoot Tours our tours are all about relaxing and having a you beaut day out with no time restrictions and a whole lot of fun! Come on a fun filled tour through some of the most beautiful locations around the Atherton Tablelands! Swim in a volcanic crater lake, take a dip under breathtaking waterfalls and slide down a natural waterslide! Find spectacular photo opportunities and enjoy a tropical morning and afternoon tea! BOOK NOW!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sweet as! Barefoot is number 1 for a reason :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I decided to do this tour based on some friends high recommendations & also it's position on TripAdvisor... I wasn't disappointed. The whole day is great, lots of fun as you travel to various stunning locations. Each stop is super cool and you get plenty of time to enjoy yourself everywhere then the fun continues on the bus. Great food/refreshments provided and lots of laughs. Our guides Brett & Emma were awesome and make the trip what it is! If you're anywhere near Cairns book onto this tour and you'll love it everyone has a fab time.
Thanks once again to Emma & Brett.
Here's an interesting fact for you...! :-)

Sweet as! x

2 Thank 429Roberto

• Korean first
The Netherlands
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I joined this tour as a solo traveler and I had a (more than) great day.
Our guide for the day was Emma, a very cheerful and lovely person. She told us some great stories and gave nice information about all of the sites.
Even though the weather wasn't too great (clouds, rain), most of us swam at the Milla Milla falls and water slide.

The trip is mainly cosy and fun, our bus could fit about 20 people, we were with a group of appr. 15 people, you get to see a lot of great places within a day, the swimming is great fun, the rides in between are nice with some good music,warm blankets and the food and drinks were great as well. And like I said, the guide was very enthousiastic and and informative.

What a great value for this daytrip, with a discount I only paid 63 AUD and the value of this trip is definitely way more. Great budget deal, I'd say: book it!

Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Day! Worth the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My girlfriend and I signed up for the Barefoot tours in hopes of seeing a lot of the region around Cairns and to meet a few people. This tour was a great way to meet people and see the Tableland/highland region around the city. Our guide Jimmy (AKA Dr. Jimmy) was a hilarious guy that made the day that much better.

The tour consists of going to several waterfalls that you can swim in (3-5 depending on water levels). Jimmy did a great job making several pit stops in order to show us a more local experience, such as showing us some giant fig tree, buying fresh fruit for the bus, and describing the local culture and wildlife as we drove along.

The day itself was a rainy miserable day to say the least, the water at the waterfalls is quite cool so be prepared for that if it's not a HOT day. The weather put a damper on the experience, but I'm not here to write the weather a review, the trip itself was awesome and Dr. Jimmy played a huge role in that.

I think the day cost somewhere around $75 Australian (can't quite remember), but it is really worth the money especially if you want to meet a few people and see the region. It's a full full day, so be prepared to leave early and not get back until early evening.

Book a few days in advance as we booked the afternoon before, and there were luckily 2 spots left.

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Just can not describe!!!! Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

FUN FUN FUN!!!!! Had an thrilling day with my brother. Best value for money. Josh (Our guide) was full of knowledge and learned lots of things. He gave us the best tropical fresh fruits for morning and afternoon tea. Josh took us to the World Heritage sites. Thanks Josh... AMZING!!!!!

Noosa, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Well worth the money!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Amazing day! Best value for money, the sights were so good. Josh the tour guide had so much to talk about and was very knowledgeable. He even was able to grab us some dried banana and sugar cane to try out of his own kindness. Morning and afternoon tea was excellent, really liked everything we had. I personally liked the fact he had hot chocolate on this tour as it's the only hot drink I like and tours don't usually carry this. Would highly recommend. A nice long day, well worth it!