“What you see is what you get!”

The Swiss Cake and Coffee Shop
Ranked #4 of 7 Bakeries in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Swiss, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
“What you see is what you get!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Courteous efficient service seems to be the norm here which I really appreciated. I couldn't resist the profiteroles which I could see in the refrigerated display cabinet and should have recognised as a poor choice for someone who should have a healthy heart diet! Being Swiss I should have realised that they would be loaded with cream and being refrigerated I should have expected soft pastry so I only have myself to blame. They were very good but of course would have been better in crisp condition. I left some in deference to health concerns. The iced coffee minus cream was an ironic choice but came as ordered which doesn't always happen. A popular indulgence judging by the patronage while I was there.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Cairns, Australia
“who would have thought the best salad would come from a bakery”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Its so hard to find something nice and healthy to eat, the 'salad bowl's here are fantastic......and then cause youve been good you can have cake :) ive tried a few of their sweet things, they use real cream which is always a plus in my books.......but I go the3e for the yummy salad

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great "breaky" at a reasonable price. I got the flat white and a heated croissant. Good quality, service and price. Not express, but doesn't take all morning either.

Visited August 2013
North Shore City, New Zealand
“Disappointing coffee.....”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Decided to try this place after reading some great reviews. It is obviously popular as we had difficulty in finding a seat. The cake selection seemed good but, sadly, there was only one left that I wanted to try and the young man in front of me snapped it up. The food looked ok..
Ordered a mug and a glass of latte. The mug was a double shot but nothing memorable. The glass was only a single and little more than hot milk.
Maybe we are difficult to please but as far as coffee is concerned, will not be going back. It will be coast roast next time.

• Visited July 2013
southampton
“Quality pastry”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

When I travel overseas I try and not judge things on how they taste at home, with this in mind I went there one morning to partake in a slighty differant breakfast then I would usually have on my holidays, had a long black and was going to leave it at that but the fresh smells from the morning pastrys made me change my mind, so I ordered a couple, had sat down, service was prompt and efficient with both waitresses and the tall gentleman.

Over the week I visited another couple off times and was not dissapointed with either the coffee or any of the quite varied selection I participated in.

Only slight drawback, very very very difficult to get a table and chair outside.

• Visited March 2013