“Great breakfast spot before snorkeling” 4 of 5 bubbles

Al Porto Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #157 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.alportocairns.com/index.php?id=7
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great breakfast spot before snorkeling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Right at the marina, this place is great to get a solid meal in before you head out on the ocean adventures. Takes credit cards!

Visited July 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had breakfast here this morning and were both disappointed. The meals were way overpriced for the quality of produce. For $18 your get square supermarket white bread, canned baked beans and average cooked eggs. My husband was very unimpressed with his watery coffee. The location is good, but not worth the $$$.

1 Thank thispreciousearth
Adelaide, Australia
“Convenient cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were heading out from the Reef Terminal so, having seen this the evening before whilst strolling the boardwalk, we thought it the most convenient place for breakfast. Worried about my seasickness I decided to simply have toast. However I chose the freshly sqeezed pineapple juice crusher to drink and it was sensational. Needing to enjoy another crusher we decided to return for lunch on our final day. The Ceasar Salad was enormous and reasonably priced for what you got.
Being more cafe than restaurant there is a large selection from pies to quiches to pastas and salads for whatever your needs be. Open 6.30am to 2.30pm its a convenient and enjoyable place to eat.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Turn around and walk away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are not hard to please but this was hands down the worst breakfast we have ever had the misfortune of paying for. I ordered poached eggs on toast - the toast was cold and your standard $1 white square loaf from Coles, and my poached eggs were clearly reheated in the microwave as they were so solid that I could barely cut my knife through the rubber-like texture. I could barely swallow a few mouthfuls but was starving and in a hurry to catch a boat over to Green Island. My husband ordered a toasted bacon and egg sandwich which was so dry that he ate less than half.

On the upside, I did have a nice smoothie but overall the meal was so overpriced and so below par that I would recommend steering well clear.

The food was so bad that it is now our benchmark low, i.e. "At least it's not as bad as that breakfast we had at Al Porto..."

3 Thank supergirl2111
Cairns, Australia
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everything is great from here, the service, the view and the food.
My favourites are the pasta, home made biscotti and the coffee.

• Visited May 2014