“great food, great price”

North Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #97 of 628 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$4 - US$45
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ultimate waterfront dining experience North Bar and Kitchen located on the boardwalk at Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns, offers a relaxed waterfront dining experience. Savour the creative dishes on offer for lunch and dinner, while you enjoy the cool breezes from Trinity Inlet. North Garden also offers the perfect location to watch dusk settle over the Marina and the lush rainforest clad mountain range.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

ate here on a couple of occasions in the last few weeks, once on holiday and once with a work trip, and with different people each time, all who enjoyed it. I saw some comments that it was expensive - I actually found it good value for money and not as expensive as a number of places along the boardwalk/esplanade. I'm not a 'foodie' but like good quality at a good price and found it here. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited a number of times for dinner as the food was much better than anywhere else in Cairns for the price. The kids meals were outstanding and included a great little dessert. Our meals were tasty and the location is great.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate here on our last night. My husband and teenage daughter shared the seafood platter and found the food delicious and the proportions generous.
The location is great and the staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent restaurant, with good sea & marina views. Enthralling and mouthwatering menu food composition and presentation second to none. I had an unforgettable veal to appease any food gourmet lover..... Maybe a bit dear but certainly worth every penny. The service is friendly efficient but not pushy . The view is worth a million dollars especially at sunset.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

First time eating at North Food & Wine & was disappointed. 6 of us dined to celebrate my husband's birthday. Entrée of Oysters Kilpatrick was lackluster. Too much luke warm, gluggy sauce, tiny oysters & barely any soggy bacon. My steak was fine but nothing to brag about...my daughter in law's poached chicken was too salty & overpowered by soy sauce so she barely ate it. I had a taste of my daughter's lamb & it was fatty & tasteless. The sticky date pudding was nice. Wait staff were good.

As a Cairns local we like to try places we haven't been before but I think we'll just stick to the great restaurants we already know.

1  Thank Alysia73