“Great Wedding Reception Venue”

Linga Longa International Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 676 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great menu of international dishes with a focus on a French cuisine. A restaurant experience which the whole family will enjoy. For locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

A fantastic place for an intimate wedding. A big thanks to Sergy and his crew for everything going according to plan, and a huge thanks to the Chef who organized a wonderful menu that everyone is still raving about.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My partner ordered chicken breast in a cheese sauce. The chicken was under cooked so they took it back, sliced the breast in half, recooked it and delivered it back with no sauce! My $34 rack of lamb was basically a stewed lump of tasteless, chewy mutton.

1  Thank DannyW2200
LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Congratulations Danny W with your first review and thank you for choosing Linga Longa for that.
You came this busy Saturday with big company with no booking and we found the opportunity to host you. Yes, we made a mistake with one of the dish, Chicken for your partner, and we apologised at least ten times for that and it's a pity that you did not have enough of our apologises. We offered a free dessert and served your partner a free liquor which all your company enjoyed.
But please, do not mislead other people because we redid this Chicken dish for your partner and served it perfectly and of course with sauce!!! Ask your partner about that, please.
And we are sorry about your experience with the lamb. First of all, you did not tell us that you were not excited it and secondly, we served seven portions of the same dish that day and Nobody complained.
Anyway, we regret about your experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

There is something special about Linga Longa and it definitely stands out from other Cairns restaurants. It has an intimate and homely feel, is quiet yet inviting, and the food and service are exquisite. It's a traditional restaurant experience if ever I have had one in Cairns and is refreshing for its lack of modern chic which is all too common at present.

My friend brought me for my birthday and we loved everything about LL but I have to mention the food. I had the beef tagine which was tender and full of flavour. And the sticky date pudding was divine. And the ambience was unbeatable.

There is ample parking in relaxed Edge Hill. In particular if you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, Linga Longa is by far the best choice in Cairns that I have seen in 1.5 years living here.

LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you very much WorldTravla7, for your lovely review. I was very impressed by it, one of the best reviews ever. I passed the review to my team and everyone was absolutely happy. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Set in the burbs Edge Hill near where I live.

It is such a pleasant place to have a meal, the staff are helpful and attentive.
It's quite ideal for a casual occasion or something special.

LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you very much Cusinegirl, for your feedback. We appreciate it very much and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

In the days leading up to Mother's Day I had to change my planned fancy lunchtime treat for an early evening dinner instead. I had a look around all our usual city centre favourites but fancied something different and chanced my arm with an on-line booking at Linga Longa in Edge Hill.

Thankfully, my booking was confirmed very quickly for 6-6.30 and the menu for the evening looked very appetising. Felt a bit risky taking my wife back to Collins Avenue as we have had some indifferent experiences in the fashionable eateries there, but, Linga Longa reviewed well, so off we went.

First appearances were interesting. For a start, it didn't look open it was so dark. But it was and we were soon inside and seated at an immaculate table with brilliant white table cloth and sparkling wine glasses. A waiter explained to us that they were having lighting issues, hence the subdued lighting. He was very apologetic about the intimate lighting [for Mother's Day] but in reality, everything was fine at our window table (loved the torches handed out to a couple sat further inside).

Our waiter was French, friendly and talked us through the regular menu, Mother's Day menu and Specials. We opted for a share platter of cold meats for entree and for main Bouillabaisse (my wife), Chili and Bacon Fettuccine (our daughter) and Duck A L'Orange (me). We chose the wine-of-the-month Sauvignon Blanc and a mocktail to drink.

The platter was super: olives, chorizo, salami, pickled gherkin (surprisingly (to me) delicious) and ciabatta. Something for everyone and at $16.90, a bargain.

Whilst we waited for the main course the wine was lovely (and, once again, at $32, pretty good value) and the mocktail quickly consumed.

Our mains were excellent. Our daughter's pasta was beautiful. Silky smooth fettuccine in a rich, spicy (arguably a little too spicy for our delicately palated 13 year old) sauce with loads of fresh parmisan. My duck was beautifully cooked in a wonderful orange sauce (I could happily have drank a glass of that). The stand out dish, however, was my wife's bouillabaisse. Packed full of fresh and perfectly cooked mussels, bugs, calamari and prawns it was absolutely perfect. A dish my wife is still swooning over and has already added to our list of Most Memorable Dishes and will undoubtedly be talking about for a long, long time.

The deserts were [unnecessary, but] delicious. Swan-shaped profiterole for our daughter and a beautiful creme brulee for me and little nibbles of both, washed down with more wine for my wife.

At $179.00 we think we got a bargain. The service was attentive and friendly but never intrusive nor annoying. The restaurant itself was immaculate but sadly very quiet (especially for a Mother's Day). But the food....right up there with the best we have had in Cairns. Fantastic. We will definitely be back. Hopefully more of Cairns fine-diners will too!

LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Philip, thank you very much for your outstanding review and time you spent on it. All our staff members are very impressed by it and proud. Without a doubt, this is the best review ever that we received. We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us and we look forward to seeing you and you family again!