“Best in town”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We tried several places but kept coming back to Gelocchio, the best taste, great variety and pleasant staff.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

As Italian, I can say that the ice cream is a real Gelato. Infact, I saw that the owners are Italians and they know how to make it.
The only thing that I did not like (but it is the way to do in Australia) is that they have big spoons for each choice, and for a medium ice cream you can choose only 2. I would suggest to have smaller spoon size and allow to put a choice more! Much more Italian style!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Love love loveee the popsicles especially the fruity ones. You can tell that the ice cream were made using fresh fruits and they have wide range of flavours. I love how they allow us to modify the popsicle by adding chocolate on top of their popsicles :) The service was great, the owner were very friendly and patient. Seriously the best ice cream in Cairns! I stayed in Cairns for 4 nights and I came here every day! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The first bite of the Green Tea popsicle I had was memorable! It was definitely a love in a first bite. During my trip in Cairns, I always make time to visit this store because the warm/hot sunny weather in Cairns and the coldness of popsicle was a great combo! The gelato was incredibly tasty and gotta love the combination of Banana and Coffee Shakes!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This place was situated so closely to our hotel, it was sad that we only found it two days before we left Cairns. The gelato was so good that we had to come back for seconds the very next day!