“Yummy Authentic Pinoy Food”
Review of Ihaw Ihaw - CLOSED

Ihaw Ihaw
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2013

As a Filipino, my family and I were very pleasantly surprised to find this place in Cairns (we're from Melbourne!) and see that a lot of westerners come here to enjoy the food!
Service was a little slow...it's a family business so there were only two staff waiting on more than 20 people! However, once the food came, it was well worth it!
We had kare-kare, sisig and bijon guisado which were all excellent! The grilled chicken on garlic rice and salad was nice though though it was disappointing that it was boneless chicken slices! I expected chicken slices (breasts) on skewers with achara (pickled vegies) rather than green salad. The lumpiang sariwa was also fantastic!
We enjoyed this place so much we came back for inner the next night.
I am quite picky with Filipino food but would have to give this place the thumbs up! The best Filipino food being served, definitely great value for your $$$! Service a little slow but friendly and cheerful. The place could do with a little renovation but overall a great place to eat at when in Cairns!

1  Thank JoyFMelbourne

Reviewed 22 December 2012

this was the first Filipino cuisine restaurant I found in AU. With my dad we had noodles and prawns in pumpkin sauce to share. Both were really good,especially ginataang hipon . Prices is about 15 for noodles and 23 for seafood dishes, go for noodles if you are after value for money. And garlic rice is the must. On top on the great food quality they have byo, $3 per head, just cross the road to get a bottle or two in bws
really happy they didn't close for the Christmas time as many other small rests around

1  Thank Grek_AU
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A few days ago I was looking for a place to have dinner at 9:45pm and the only place that would accept two patrons for a late dinner was Ihaw Ihaw. Rather than being turned away at such a 'late' time my partner and I were warmly welcomed to come in and dine. The friendly waitress explained the dishes to us and we picked two. The Grilled Chicken and another dish with tender beef, potatoes...can't remember the name. The restaurant itself isn’t fancy or anything, but the service, the food and the fact that it is BYO is a big plus. The Grilled Chicken was divine! Perfectly cooked and large portions. Excellent value for money with the dishes being below $20. Very much recommend this restaurant for its friendly and attentive staff/service and excellent value for money food.

1  Thank zullli
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Cute joint with an interesting menu and good-value meals. Lovely staff. I preferred my entrees (vegie spring rolls and peanut sauce on rice-paper wrap type things) to my main (noodles with fish sauce). The banana spring roll dessert was excellent.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Tasty food cooked fresh and cheap!!! There are always 6 dishes to choose from at lunch ready to go... U can't beat 2 for $10 or 1 for $5.50! Includes rice. More than enough to eat. Yum!

1  Thank Simone-cairns