“Absolutely Fantastic Days Fishing”

Paradise Sport Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sport fishing tour specialising in Live Bait Fishing!
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Wow, where to start, we were welcomed onto the boat by Capt John Hangodi, a really friendly guy, laid back too, There were 3 of us, me & my lifelong buddy Neil from NZ and another guy from South Africa, Martin. All four of us got on really well and the atmos was relaxed right from the start. firstly John showed his experience & skill by flinging in a net which unfurled perfectly and when it was retrieved it was full of shimmering live bait a second attempt bagged a net full of shrimp.
We set off to a couple of locations and John, Martin & Neil all caught some quality fish. There was great camaraderie and the banter was sharp, I can remember thinking that even if I did not get a sniff, it did not matter as we were all having such a great time. Just then I hooked into something big. Now I'm not the most experienced fisherman in the world but I landed it with the help of all on board, John gave superb advice and was handy with the net. It was a big Barramundi, my biggest ever fish. It was caught on the shrimp for the record, over by the furthest wreck out.
A couple of other things ... John caught the attention of a huge Eagle away over on the bank several hundred yards away, which swooped across the water and treated us to a fly over before swooping down for the discarded live bate. A real highlight. Also John detoured off to a side water so see if we could spot a Croc, we were not lucky that time, wrong time of year, still intense and interesting. I can honestly say this fishing trip was one of the highlights of our holiday in Australia. Also, John has stayed in touch with me by email since my return to the UK ... he is the complete package, go with Paradise Sports fishing, you will not be disappointed. Thank you John for rekindling my passion for fishing. since returning, I have joined the local fishing club and could not be happier. I will send you some pics of any biggies I catch.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Went out on a half day (am) with John who runs Paradise sports fishing just the other day and had an enjoyable day. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but that was no fault of John's. We had live fresh prawns and live fresh Herring for bait and Jonh took us to three different spots (given it was only a half day tour, it would have been difficult to try too many others given the time it takes to drop and up anchor). Our 1st spot was going off and we all (8 of us) caught something, just nothing worth keeping.
The only thing that could do with a bit of improvement were the rods and reels, they were looking very tired and could do with being replaced.
Would definitely recommend doing the morning fish as the wind really starts blowing hard by lunch time and would make it much less enjoyable in the afternoon.

1  Thank Oners
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Went out for the half day charter, John loaded up the boat with eight people so there wasn't much room to move and lines were getting tangled regularly. He spent more time on the phone than moving around trying to find fish. We only moved three times in the middle of the channel. Seemed to us that it was an easy money making scheme for him. Highly recommend to go with some one else

10  Thank Skip6942
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had a great day of fishing. John was an extremely accommodating guy. He loved the fact that I was bringing my 13 year old son with me. There were 8 people on the boat, and he knew all of our names within 20 minutes! He spoke to everyone one of us on a very personable level.

We booked a morning session and met him at 7:20 which I thought was very reasonable. We spent the first hour catching live bait fish which had everyone on board very curious to see what he would catch in the net. We were also on the lookout for crocodiles!!

John was very helpful with fishing tips and very knowledgable overall!! The boat was clean. He baited all of our hooks in seconds, and was on top of things quickly. Free pop was available on board.

We only had a half day booked with John; but after spending an hour with him, we wanted to book the afternoon as well. He was already booked, so he texted other companies for us and arranged an afternoon session with another outfit who was just as accommodating.

I hope to come back to Cairns again so we can do a full day of ocean fishing with John

Camille and Lucas Charron

1  Thank skybag
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Went out with them last week. Not one person caught a fish. The driver moved the boat twice and seemed determined not to use fuel or have a crack.

Sometimes fish do not bite, but at least have a go at trying to find them.

Never again.