“Don't miss out on the fun!!”

Raging Thunder Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$136.95*
and up
Small-Group Canyoning Experience from Cairns or...
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Thunder has been taking thrill seekers White Water Rafting in North Queensland since 1984, and we offer 3 different levels of excitement .... 1) BARRON rafting is a afternoon trip perfect for those who have never rafted before, or want a fun afternoon close to Cairns .... 2) TULLY rafting is a full day adventure on the Tully River, regarded as the best rafting location across both Australia and New Zealand, no prior experience is necessary .... 3) XTREME rafting pumps up the adrenaline running a custom raft adventure for small groups of confident swimmers on the Tully River, rafting with our most experienced senior guides you will encounter extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

What a blast! I did the Xtreme rafting tour and out of 5 weeks traveling throughout Australia and going on different tours and trips, this was by far my favorite. The guides are really fun and definitely work to make sure you have a good time. This was my first time white water rafting and I can't wait to go again!

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"great guide"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were by far the oldest on this trip as we watched the bus fill up with 20 and 30 year old backpackers but we still had the absolute best day. The raging thunder team are so well organised and professional and really quite funny. Our guide Maca was excellent (apart from his bad pirate and croc jokes) and it was obvious he knew the Tully river.

The photographer obliged my bestie with photos with her bucket list glasses on whilst he balanced on a wet rock at the side of the river. Amazing. Lunch was great given the basic facilities and we were underway again.

A full awesome day ended with drinks at the pub and a final drop off at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

What a very professional company. Everything explained with safety paramount.
We had Mauricio from chile who led our team if 5 fantastically. Our team of 3 family mbers plus two Swiss backpackers had the vest time. My daughter surprised me with a text the night before saying pack bathers and towel we are leaving townsville at 5.45 am
What a fantastic 60th pressie and so much fun. I did not jump off the rock but otherwise tried most of the extreme offering. The extreme is best as smaller number of people so much more enjoyable
You do have time to just sit and coast and check out the butterflies and aquatic life. Definitely want to go again when next near mission beach .

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Absolutely fantastic day! We had Jack as our raft guide and he made the atmosphere in the raft friendly and enjoyable. It was a fantastically sunny and warm day so my boat was allowed to get out of the raft and swim in many locations down the river. Always felt safe. Everyone in my boat was keen to flip the raft and Jack made it happen for us in a controlled environment. The scenes were beautiful, like straight out of a postcard. Lunch was provided and consisted of burgers and sausages with coffee and watered down juice. Not the best but not the worst and we were all able to get seconds. I highly recommend this attraction to anyone in the Cairns area. I was skeptical at first of rafting but this changed my opinion! Bring a change of clothes and maybe some snacks and a book for the bus ride.

1  Thank kdancey
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I recently went on the Tully River White Water Rafting trip with Raging Thunder and we honestly could not complain about a thing! The staff were great, the bus driver was excellent and the rapids were amazing (we were at the front of the raft so we got the 'full' experience!).
The lunch was basic but tasty and they had a vege burger option and lots of salads etc so no one went hungry. Besides, a bush bbq on the riverbank suited the style of the day and I didn't hear anyone complaining as they went up for seconds!
We had great weather but we were still very pleased to have our wetsuits (which they hire out at a very reasonable price) as the water was cold and the breeze was cool. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who feels the cold and there were a lot of chattering teeth from the people who didn't have them.
We bought the photos and are really pleased that we did as we'll never be able to recreate those moments again - and they make us smile everytime we look at them!
All in all, this was a professionally run day that had a big focus on fun and we had a blast!