“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have only had breakfast at Coast Roast and it was great everytime. the meals are fresh and well presented with great fast service.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This coffee shop has the best location, elevated and looking straight down the lagoon (public pool on the water front). It always has a cool breeze blowing.

The coffee is great, order it as you want it. The food is not as great as the view, but it is acceptable.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been feeling well upon my arrival to Cairns and hadn't eaten much over a period of 3-4 days. I had spent a good half hour walking the city with my partner looking for a sandwich bar as I felt this is what I needed and only felt like eating. I arrived at Coast Roast and ordered a ham, lettuce and tomatoe sandwich, my partner ordered a mixed "toasted" sandwich. At the time the owner was friendly enough so after taking our order we sat down. 10 minutes later the sandwich I had ordered came out toasted. I politely told the waitress no no, I asked for a simple sandwich and I don't WANT my sandwich toasted as it's NOT what I asked for. She returned it to the kitchen and then I look over and I see the owner start walking over with my plate and this stupid toasted sandwich, he looks at me, stops, then walks away while rudely shaking his head the entire time. He made that entire experience just the worst I have ever had in a cafe/restaurant or anywhere that I have eaten. I didn't ask for my sandwich to be toasted so don't act like the customer did the wrong thing especially when I paid $10.00 for two pieces of bread with lettuce, ham and a slice of tomatoe. I would not recommend this place at all.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great place to have breakfast on the esplanade, good coffee and big meals! There is a juice bar here too which looked good although we didn't try it. Central with friendly staff.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stopped here for a cuppa and a quick bite to eat to kill the hung pains, service was great and food and beverages were above standard, worth a call in whilst on the esplanades in cairns.