“SAVE YOUR MONEY”

Cairns
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SAVE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Worse food ever and to top it off wanted to use the entertainment book and was told they don't accept the entertainment book?! Even though the voucher clearly says Lan's restuarant!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zigy12

Brisbane
“Don't get your hopes up”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This restaurant is co located with Discovery Cairns, a reasonable walk from many Esplanade area hotels. Some thought has gone into the inviting décor, and you can dine inside or outside on the terrace. A back door connects with the hotel. The menu has enough options to be tempted but I noticed that many dishes featured the same three or four vegetables.

I missed the happy hour and on the night I visited and chose chose one of the few tables with a good light above, looking up from my reading from time to time to enjoy the view of fireworks in the distance and the people passing by on the footpath. The restaurant had a only a few tables occupied and was large enough to cater for a whole tour group, which it possibly does. Service was pleasant and attentive.

I ordered wontons for entrée and received good value at $5 for three crispy tasty small parcels arriving quickly, with a pleasant little garnish and dipping sauce. Then I made the mistake of wanting to combine the features of two main dishes - Nasi Goreng (usually with fried egg on top, and chilli and spices) together with the mixed meat/seafood inclusions listed in the menu description of their Special Fried Rice. I indicated that I was willing to pay more for that menu variation. It wasn't possible to explain myself properly so I ended up with an ordinary fried rice made "special" by adding two prawns, a mussel (NOT what I would expect and definitely unwelcome) a few large vegetable chunks and some very small pieces of meat and flecks of egg. The small bowl of chilli on the side did not produce the nasi goreng vibe. At $19.90 I considered it overpriced, unmemorable and certainly not what I was hoping for. Many main meal menu items were the same price.

I skipped breakfast there which looked too expensive for what is on offer not far away in a five star.

Visited May 2014
Cairns, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Heard about this place from a friend who thought it was great! I am now a big fan. If you are up in the Kuranda hills sometime make sure you check it out. The green paw paw salad is Amazing!

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice Vietnamese Flavours”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Quite nice Vietnamese flavours, plenty to choose from, average prices, happy, smiling service...eager to please :) Licensed BYO, indoor/Outdoor eating

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We loved the food so much we dined here four out of five nights. Even though we were close to the restaurant hub, the food was divine.

Visited November 2013