“Fishing with my brother and Uncle”

Gone Fishing Cairns
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing with my brother and Uncle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great morning fishing with Captain Jim catching Barra and GTs caught the biggest fish that I've ever caught 15kg GT. Will be back later with the punters club and can highly recommend.

Visited March 2014

Queenstown, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Gone fishing but the big fishy's aint!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hey had a ball caught some great fish met some great people will tell many more about your excellent business you have felt like going out with mates not a paid tour so keep it up and when I get back up there I will be looking you back up worth every cent Big thankyou from me for a great day

Visited January 2014
Callao Salvaje, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Poor effort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Wish i would have read the reviews before i booked :( total waste of time for anyone who wants to fish, he catches your bait, hooks your line, casts your line and if you catch a fish pretty much pulls it in and if you actually get a chance to fight a fish he berrates you with comments like "you really dont want to catch this fish do you" or "you clearly havnt fished before have you". You would be better off going to your local fish and chip shop, better prices, better fish, and a less arrogant guide. Save your money and AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Scrubber1987
Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good but could be awesome ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The charter was ok priced and we did catch a few but nothing we could keep which is fine and it happens. I think the guide could make areas of improvement to really make the tour good and overcome some bad reviews which I saw below. We didn't receive any real booking confirmation and so turned up to the boat unprepared. We had no water, food nothing and would gladly have paid for a bottle of water. The guide had an interesting personality and I can see how people may get rubbed up the wrong way. Personally it didn't worry me and I thought he was funny. On the website it said catch live bait but we didn't get to do this and watched the guide do it. He didn't even say "hey guys watch this I'm about to catch some bait" we kind of were like oh what is he doing. So I think when you are a guide and ppl are paying you, you really need to engage and put all your energy into showing them a good time. I did notice the guide get a little annoyed with some people who didn't had much experience so maybe a quick hey who has been fishing before question at the start just to cover off. Wouldn't rule this one out guys. Happy Fishing.

1 Thank heartnlight
Seaford
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Greatly Dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Having been on more than 20 fishing charters, Gone Fishing is sadly right near the bottom.
The fishing itself would be great if you were a lazy spud who just wanted to take in the scenery, but if you're one of many people who don't mind getting their hands dirty and having some fun, this is definitely not the fishing trip for you.
I've no doubt that Jim trys to get you some fish but I also do not doubt that he considers all customers as inferior fishermen to himself and treats you as such. Ultimately this is Gone Fishing's biggest failure - recognition that WE are the customer and a charter should be fun.
In retrospect I wish that I'd headed down to the marina for a couple of days prior to gauge other people's reactions as they hopped off various charters as Trip Advisor was so varied in the reviews.

Visited January 2014