“Highly recommend small group tour Cape Tribulation & Daintree”

Discovery Tours Australia
Book In Advance
More Info
US$1,090.24*
and up
Private Daintree National Park Day Tour from...
Ranked #19 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialising in Small Group tours, Discovery Tours Australia offer daily departures to Cape Tribulation & The Daintree Rainforest, Kuranda and beyond. Our extended tours operate from May until October and included tours to Cape York Peninsula (Cairns to Cape York) and The Savannah Way (Cairns to Darwin)
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my day. I was picked up from my hotel in Port Douglas. First stop was Mosman Gorge where we started with a morning tea of damper and billy tea. Mosman Gorge was magical. Our driver Steve was friendly, knowledgeable and looked after us, thank you Steve!
At lunch I got to sample some interesting tropical fruits.
We had a cruise on the Daintree River and managed to spot a 3m crocodile sunning itself on the riverbank.
The highlight of the trip was Cape Tribulation, it is just an amazing place.

Discovery Tours A, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi Sharon and Barry,

Thankyou for deciding to travel with us on our Cape Tribulation/Daintree tour. Mossman Gorge is definitely a great spot and the damper and billy tea are an added bonus. I will pass on your comments to Steve our guide. Daintree teahouse has a great selection of local tropical fruits and our clients say the presentation is fantastic. How lucky you were to see a 3m crocodile sunbaking on the Daintree River and we are happy you enjoyed our tour overall. We look forward to seeing you up in our little piece of paradise soon

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"suspension bridge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I'm a Cairns local and had always visited the Daintree/Cape Trib as a self driver. Tours are a lot more expensive than self driving if there's a few of you so when friends and family visited we simply hopped in our car. But after spending the day with our tour guide Steve I saw the error of my ways! There was so much that I'd missed (and would have continued to miss) in my previous visits and it was only after my tour that I truly appreciated the history of the Daintree rainforest and it's biological diversity. Plus with such small group numbers you're not being herded around and you can really chat to your guide and ask questions. Thanks for a great day!

Discovery Tours A, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Hi Frankie,
Thankyou for choosing to change and enjoy our Daintree and Cape Tribulation guided tour and not self drive. Yes it is a different experience doing a guided day tour and you see a lot more and our guides are excellent as they explain a lot about the Daintree Rainforest as they are passionate about our wonderful Heritage listed area. It really is enjoyable being able to chat and ask any questions and I am sure Steve was able to answer them for you. I am glad you enjoy our tour and look forward to having you on board next time when you have friends and family visiting.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Full day. Great narrative from our guide Carsten. Extremely well organized with stops for food and other necessities. Great breakfast! Loved the scones. Fantastic lunch with a lecture about all sorts of fruit. Mossman Gorge, Daintree River Cruise (with a couple of big crocs and two smaller ones, and at least 3 different kind of King Fishers) and Cape Tribulation! Flora and fauna as well as geology and culture explained. The only thing we didn't see was the Cassowary, I guess I'll just have to come back:)

Discovery Tours A, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Hi Niridd,
Thankyou for you review on our Daintree/Cape Tribulation Tour. Yes the scones are fantastic at Mossman Gorge. Yes the Daintree teahouse is nice with the fruit talk. You definitely will have to come up again and see a Cassowary

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We really enjoyed getting away from the usual tourist traps and into the rainforest with our guide Steve who drove a comfortable Landrover stopping frequently to show us lookouts and stunning locations not so far from Cairns. We learnt a lot about the ancient rainforest and its flora and fauna. The dam we stopped at was beautiful and we enjoyed the butterflies and a Hercules moth in the vegetation around the dam. So great to travel on the back roads through crystal clear creeks on the way out and look at the Clohesy River Fig Tree whilst having morning tea. This was an inspiring tour and made us really appreciate this wonderful and precious rainforest.

Discovery Tours A, Public Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Yes you are some of the lucky ones that choose our 1/2 Day Rainforest tour, it really is great to get away and see the true Rainforest and all is flora and fauna. Sounds like you saw some great spots and the dam really is a sight to see. We are grateful for your fantastic comments and I will pass them onto Steve as well

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Brilliant itinerary travelling over some off road tracks into the rainforest. An excellent driver/guide who made our tour so enjoyable with his enthusiasm for wild places. So many opportunities for photos and rest breaks.
Very comfortable vehicle and well appointed hotels for our overnight stays. A beautiful little museum in Cooktown, featuring Captain Cooks stay in the area. The Mossman Cultural Centre, outstanding, lovely to see young people being given the opportunities to develop their skills. We thoroughly enjoyed the rainforest walk with our Aboriginal guide Tom.
The included boat trip on the Daintree River to see the Estuarine Crocodiles was thrilling.

Hi Jennie,
Its wonderful to go off the road and see the rainforest. I hope you took some great photos of all the spots you saw. We are proud of Mossman Gorge and what they are doing for the community and happy to see you saw some of our wildlife including some crocs in the wild.
I will pass your comments onto our guide