DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns
US$105
US$214
US$163
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$105
US$154
US$146
  • Restaurant
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$85
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$94
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$89
2,374 results
All reviewsdouble treeholiday innbarramundiwarm cookiestour deskbottle shopocean viewbuffet breakfastexcellent locationtravel deskshort walkduty managerbit datedthe great barrier reefport douglasan upgradevisit cairns
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed the past few years and found the hotel ideal for a holiday break. Staff are friendly and courteous, central location is ideal, rooms are bright and clean with big comfortable beds and bath. Had previously stayed in other Cairns properties but Holiday Inn is tops.

Room Tip: Priority Club membership has been a bonus in Holiday Inn and some other hotels this year in both Europe and Australia.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi Charles R,
Thank you for your recent feedback. It’s great to see so many members of the online community.
It is great to hear that our team was friendly and courteous & that you enjoyed our great location.
If your travels bring you to far North Queensland in the near future we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My family and I spent one evening at the holiday inn in Cairns and were, on the whole very happy with what they offered. Good price for a room for 3, clean and tidy through out, well positioned on the edge of cbd, pleasant staff. All in all just what we needed.

Unfortunately though I couldn't give the full five stars. My reasons are purely a personal opinion, there is no ceiling fan or screen door which meant we had to have the air conditioning on even though we didn't need to. .If we turned the air con off it was too hot, we couldn't leave the door open as their was no security screen so it was air con or nothing.

This made for an uncomfortable nights sleep, you had to keep the air con on cold as the bed had a doona but no sheet on it (I'm pretty sure there was no top sheet, although I really didn't spend a lot of time searching for if), so throughout the night I either froze or boiled, doona on/doona off, no sheet option.
If I could have turned a fan on and left the door open I wouldn't have needed the air con and all I would have needed was a sheet. The temperature was a beautiful 20 degrees C overnight, definitely not air conditioning weather.
In this day and age where we should all be conserving power it seems strange that there was no ceiling fan, which environmentally is a much better option especially when it isn't hot.
So that is my personal opinion, we would definitely stay here again as this really is just a small flaw, my need to use less power and tread lightly on the earth is a personal opinion and I know most people would not agree with me and would have been happy to leave their air con on regardless.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank moomoomossman

Hi moomoomossman,
Thank you for such an in-depth review, I appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel.
I appreciate your honesty regarding the beds & air-conditioning, and apologise that your stay was not as comfortable as you hoped for.
We too are an eco friendly hotel, and whilst we don’t have ceiling fans, our air-conditioning systems have sensors that detect when guests enter or leave the rooms and turn on and off accordingly, it is an extremely efficient and energy saving process, yet still allows our guests the comfort of cooler temperatures during our hotter months.
It is great to hear that you were overall happy with your stay and our great location.
Once again, thank you for your positive comments.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 days, all the staff were friendly and very welcoming. The Reception staff were great, and we were in our room in no time. The room was large and very comfortable, beautiful ocean views, very clean, good bathroom, but did miss a walk in shower but the overbath one was adequate. Large comfortable bed and pillows.
The buffet breakfast was good, with lots of choices. The pool was very clean and great for children, as all one depth.
The position is great across the road from the esplanade and the ocean. 5 minutes walk and you are in the middle of all the restaurants, the pier, the marina, night markets.
Secure under cover parking available too

Room Tip: Try and book an ocean view, well worth it as you have a small balcony so you can sit and watch the ocean and the world passing by!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam W
Matt R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hi Pam W,
Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor, I enjoy reading all of our guest feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to review our great hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your ocean view room; these are perfect for relaxing after a long day.
Our buffet breakfast is very popular with our guests; I hope you had a chance to try our fresh juice bar.
If your travels bring you to far North Queensland in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cairns
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We went to Cairns for a funeral for a family member, my grandmother was most upset so I cheered her up with a nice stay in this resort during the week of the funeral. We found the rooms were very spacious, modern and located close to shops, eateries etc. We had two queen size beds in our room, the beds were extremely comfortable, the aircon worked a treat in the humid weather and the rooms were made up every day. The breakfast buffet was absolutely the highlight of our day during this tough time. The food was delightful and we looked forward to going there for breakfast every morning. The staff were great to deal with and friendly. The only thing I could fault was that the room service was a little expensive, but the food was still lovely. The price for the rooms were very reasonable, and after having difficulty getting into other hotels, I'm glad I got a room here in the end. Would love to stay again if I travel to Cairns.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hi Harnz92,
Thank you for our recent reply on TripAdvisor, it’s so great to see so many active members of the online community.
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; our buffet breakfast is very popular with our guests.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Cairns for your next getaway.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

First time staying with this hotel on our annual Cairns family holiday. Staying 10 days we were presented with a fruit basket which was a lovely touch. Staff were pleasant and helpful, ocean view was great and the hotel itself attractive and clean. The restaurant was one of the better ones in Cairns and location is A1. All in all i was very pleased and would recommend and stay again when in Cairns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Paul M,
Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor,
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the location, and Sirocco restaurant.
Thank you for taking the time to review our great hotel and recommending it to other travelers.
We will hopefully see you next year when you and your family return for your annual holiday.