DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$75
Hotels.com
US$92
US$87
US$76
US$73
US$90
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$80
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$104
US$126
US$115
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$156
US$86
US$288
US$179
2,361 results
All reviewsdouble treeholiday innbarramundiwarm cookiestour deskbottle shopocean viewbuffet breakfastexcellent locationtravel deskshort walkduty managerbit datedthe great barrier reefport douglasan upgradevisit cairns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week in september. Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful with any questions. On arrival the porter was there to get my bags and even though i was a few hours early i was able to check in straight away

The room was neat and tidy had a great view out onto the esplanade and the balcony. The bathroom was nice and suitable for my needs

The breakfast and dinner buffet were excellent. There was also plenty of restaurants a short walk away on the esplande.

The staff at the tour desk were quite helpful in organising a few things for me to do on my spare days.

On my last day my flight didnt leave till evening and i was able to organise to leave my bags there for the day at no cost which i found convenient

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank sydgal87
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2008

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of the location and the service the hotel provides our guests.

We pride ourselves for being highly commended for our high level of service and product and I am glad that you were able to see this with your experience in our staff and restaurant. This feedback will be passed on to the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2008

Cairns is fantastic anyway, but when we arrived the hotel staff were very helpful and had plenty of smiles. We asked for a free upgrade to sea view room, and got one at a small fee. Looked out over esplanade and RSL. Large clean room, absolutely loved it here. Staff throughout hotel were good, and breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank OzfanDevon
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2008

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Cairns and for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to make the most of the view from your room.

We pride ourselves for our high level of service and of which you experience from the staff and this feedback will be passed on to the team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. I was a bit apprehensive from the reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The staff in reception were friendly, and helpful. A porter came to our car and whisked our bags away.

The lobby is quite smart looking, but once you leave to the outdoor atrium, the hotel looks a bit depressing.

The room was pleasant. The bathroom was very small, but had obviously been recently refurbished - modern and clean. The room was a decent size and although the furniture wasnt brand new, it was in good shape, and quite presentable.

We were fortunate to have a sea facing room, and didnt hear any noise from the adjoining building site. In any case, I believe this should be completed soon, and isnt really the hotel's fault.

The pool was very depressing, and nothing would tempt me in there! Reminded me of a cheap motel pool in the USA.

We paid a bit extra for breakfast. This price was quite reasonable, and we were quite impressed with the spread, other than the fruit, which was mostly from cans. We were intrigued that some people were being offered a freshly cooked breakfast (eg omelette) and we weren't! Although we were happy with the spread on offer, when we paid for breakfast there was no mention on the website about it being a limited form!

Overall, we had a comfortable stay - and would stay here again. The other hotels in Cairns didnt seem that much better, and all in all, it was a decent value for money. Nothing special though!

Stayed: July 2008
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2008

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Cairns and for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and you tried the hotel despite having some concerns from reviews you read.
We pride ourselves for being highly commended for our high level of service and of which you experience from the staff and this feedback will be passed on to the team.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the very near future when you are next in Australia and Cairns.

Reviewed 22 June 2008

After a fantastic stay in Queensland our last night was at the Holiday Inn in Cairns. From the moment we arrived it was not a great experience. The reception staff were unfriendly and it seemed an effort to deal with us. Our room was not ready until 4pm and we had to ask about leaving our bags. When we did get access to our room, it was very dated and the bathroom was possibly the smallest we'd ever seen, despite opting for the larger ocean view room. The swimming pool was chipped and dirty and the spa not much better. The pool was beside a busy road and next to a large building under construction. At night the hotel was noisey and our room was above the swimming pool and spa which stayed open late. The noise from a partying group was no joke considering we had an early flight the next day. Despite paying for breakfast in advance we were advised that we were not entitled to certain items and when checking out the staff remained aloof and unfriendly. The only good part was the helpfulness of the concierges.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolPerthWA
HICairns, Business Development Manager - Paul McMurray at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write of your feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Cairns. I was very concerned to hear about all of the problems you experienced during your stay in relation to the service and your dissatisfaction of the hotel.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. The service you received is not in line with our usually high standards. I have discussed these issues with the department in question to ensure your points have been addressed and noted and that it does not occur again.

Your feedback of the swimming pool being chipped and dirty will be looked into. We have never had negative feedback regarding the maintenance of the pool. The building being built beside the hotel is completely out of our control and I must admit we do not like it going up either. The good news is the building is nearing completion. The scheduled completion date is mid September 2008.

I was surprised to hear negative feedback about the bathrooms as we have had great compliments about the bathrooms. We have just completed a multimillion dollar upgrade of all the bathrooms in the hotel guest rooms.

Your impressions of our hotel are vital in helping us provide the highest level of service to which we are committed.

Once again, thank you for your observations and I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Cairns in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2008

My DH and I stayed here for 2 nights while on vacation Cairns. Our flight to Cairns was an early flight and when we got to the hotel, they were able to get us a room within 20 minutes (I had notified them prior of our early arrival). So, we were able to change clothes and go explore. The room was suitable for our purpose. The hotel overall was clean but we did see black ants in the room, but there weren't that many and I know that is common in tropical areas. They even have notes in the room about them and that they will come spray if you want them to. If you are looking for a view, this isn't the hotel for you. Our room overlooked construction next door, even though we never heard any noise from it. Also, the hotel is not located on the water/beach but it is a short walk to the water and to the wharf and restaurants. The bed was not too comfortable or plush but was ok with us because we did so much during the day that we were worn out. The staff was nice but the concierge just wasn't too knowledgable...nice, though, but not very helpful.

Again, this is not a plush hotel but it is not a dump, either. I would stay here again and would recommend it.

**Also, this is not an internal corridor hotel. The halls are outside.**

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank JCinAtlanta
HICairns, Paul McMurray - Business Development Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2008

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Cairns.

It is great to hear you had an enjoyable time. Additionally, it is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback, which I assure you, has been passed on to the staff concerned. It is through this type of constructive feedback that we can improve the level of our service.

It is unfortunate that that you were unable to get a room upon your early arrival at the hotel. Should we have had the room type you booked available, I can assure you we would have let you check into your room early.

I was also please to hear that despite being able to see the construction it did not affect you. This should be the case from this point on. The great news is the completion date for the building is Mid September 2008. If you stay with us again and you want a great view try our superior room or Ocean View room.

Once again, thank you for your observations and your recommendations to others and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cairns in the near future.