We stayed at Holiday Inn Cairns from 1-5 July & 10-14 July. Really enjoyed our stay.
- Location - within the CBD of Cairns and taxi fare to-fro airport was around AUD15-20. Pretty cheap.
- Room was quite big, although the room at our 2nd stay could be better (shower place in the bathroom was too small for my 1.97m tall husband, could have accomodated the right room upon seeing how tall he is).
- The affordable laundry service was a highlight, since we had a 3 weeks around Cairns region and Singapore holiday.
- The barramundi's - nice watching them.
- Very satisified with the housekeeping, one of the best we have ever encountered, bed & bathroom was everyday smelling so fresh. Carpet floor always feel so clean with bare feet.
- Good management - wrote a feedback to hotel via survey form and received reply via email from hotel manager. Pleasantly surprised, since we are Priority Club member and no other Holiday Inn hotel managers in other cities (Prague, Singapore, Berlin) we stayed bothered to do that in the past.
- Ants - but we only had that during our 1st stay and not the 2nd part.
- Room decor is quite old. Could be from the 80s with the coral blue curtains and bed covers, prefer neutral furnishing in hotel rooms.
In general, our holiday in Cairns and region is one of the best we had in years since we loved the beaches and amazed by the Reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea, and a stunning natural setting amidst landscaped tropical gardens, the oceanfront DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns is just a short walk from the city center, and Cairn's business, retail and entertainment districts. The hotel overlooks the picturesque Cairns Esplanade, and is just moments from Cairns Lagoon and Cairns Casino. Enjoy easy access to Cairns Convention Center and lots of attractions, including the World Heritage listed Daintree Tropical Rainforest and the Atherton Tablelands. The Great Barrier Reef departures terminal is 100m away, and Cairns International Airport is only 10 minutes' drive from our Cairns hotel. Our onsite tour desk will help you explore the wonders of this unique region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Holiday Inn