Cairns Sheridan Hotel
Shangri-La.com
US$170
US$156
  • Pool
BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$179
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$78
US$120
US$113
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$94
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$153
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportpalms restaurantconference roombotanic gardensbreakfast and dinnerreception stafftravel agentbus stoppalm covewould definitely stay here againrooms were very cleanbed was comfortableroom was largerental cardecent sizecentre of towngood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very helpful friendly service and well appointed rooms (eg iron & ironing board) make this good value in Cairns. My only complaint is that the bed was a little hard for me. The breakfast is reasonable with fresh tropical fruit, and I was promptly given cheese when I asked. We would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank heachri
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, it is greatly appreciated.I am so happy that our staff looked after you in a friendly manner and you saw great value in our hotel. This is an aspect of service that we work very hard on. As I have said in my comments of two reviews back, we have to go with what most people prefer when choosing beds and other facilities. All our beds are brand new and are a medium/firm mattress with down toppers. Our previous comments show most people love our beds but if you prefer a soft bed then obviously it may not be your choice. It was Abraham Lincoln who famously said “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” But we keep trying.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here only one night on the weekend and found to be same as always, excellent in every possible way, staff very caring and helpful. I had dinner in my room which was very prompt as well as being great in more ways than one, parking is not a problem we have a large showroom vehicle which can be parked safely out the front or next door in the Tavern car park. Over all great stay thanks again.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the pool area,maybe are bit quieter but over all rooms a great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Merv J
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoy staying with us so much. The Tavern next door is always a great spot to unwind or have a flutter at the TAB or Pokies. However our restaurant is still one of the best for quality and value in Cairns. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Hotel is in a good position if you have a car. Liquorland next door and hotel, takeways nearby. Rooms good size with a desk and also a table and two chairs, handy if you are working. Good bed, linen and towels. Was here for four days, first day at breakfast - Sunday the food was passable. Scrambled eggs running, bacon overcooked. Monday the food improved with eggs cooked properly. Waitress that was on was excellent. On saying that there was plenty of food with fresh fruit and yoghurt as well. It is hard getting up the ramp with baggage as the plants are overgrown. Over all not bad I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room out the back it is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth2407

Thank you for your comments and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We really do try very hard to please all our guests. But just think for a moment how hard this is. You like barely cooked bacon while the guest next to you likes crispy bacon. You like hard eggs while the guest next to you likes runny. You liked the bed but others may prefer softer or harder. That's just the start of it. May I suggest next time you are here just ask for the restaurant to cook your eggs the way you like them. Just Ask..

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had spent two weeks in Australia visiting friends. On the last two days I flew to Cairns - alone - and stayed at your hotel. Mind you, I was thousands of miles away from home, and although I am a somewhat experienced traveler, nevertheless I was alone and didn't know the area at all. Not only was the hotel clean and convenient, but it was the staff who made my experience so noteworthy. The woman at the front desk, Judy, made it a point to book all my destinations in and around Cairns. I couldn't have done it without her. She was always looking out for me - making sure my taxi was coming to pick me up, arranging to get to the airport, and seemed genuinely concerned about my welfare. Then in the evenings I ate at the hotel restaurant where a lovely waitress, Jennifer, spent her time talking to me as well as completing her duties. Talking to her was a delight.

Then there was Ray who was one of the maintenance men, I assume. I asked him to help me fix the handle on my suitcase. He willingly did so, and joked about it because I had so much in it, and he wanted to make sure I would make it through customs!!

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels. I don't think that I have ever been so impressed as I have at this hotel. Thanks to all of you for making me feel so comfortable so many miles from home!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Anne R

Dear Anne
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is outstanding, as are my staff. Like your comments most of our good reviews are the result of guests interaction with hotel staff. I encourage everyone who stays with us to talk to our staff and ask any questions that we may be able to help them with. We will jump through rings to help you and to make your stay as good as it can get. 'Just Ask'

Thanks again.
Stuart

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here recently and found it basic and just average but a good option at the price point. Staff on arrival were friendly though the lack of an automatic door or push door at the entry left me struggling to juggle with my luggage items and wrangle the door. Small issue but all adds to guest import after a long day on the road. Room was large and clean but a little tired with poor lighting. Beds were okay, bathroom large with a full length mirror - something lacking in many other hotels these days. I arrived starving and thirsty and had to head out soon after arrival for another appointment - I had been hoping to grab a water and something to eat from the mini bar to see me through. I was disappointed to find my fridge was completely bare and assumed the hotel didn't supply in-room mini-bar - until later finding out my friend in the next room had a fully stocked minibar in their fridge! So no points for consistency. Friend also commented the iron in their room was broken. Oherwise all good - especially handy location - particularly for those with a car - ample car parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bon_vivant_traveller
sheridan295, General Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at the Cairns Sheridan Hotel. Whilst we have mini bars in all rooms, we occasionally have requests to remove them. I apologise for the inconvenience. It is important for us to hear from our guests and your constructive comments are appreciated. I hope we may welcome you back to the Cairns Sheridan in the future to deliver you a more positive guest experience.

Best regards