“Good location”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Good location near the marina every thing you expect from this type of hotel polite and helpful staff. booked this through what if.com got a stanby deal. the weather was very wet rain for 4days.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear jjpm,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor comments. I’m sorry to read about the rain – we did have some un-seasonally wet weather in October.. currently today it’s lovely at 29 degrees and sunny. I’m very happy to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay and found the location, right on the waterfront, to be convenient. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your Australian travels.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I was in town for a conference at the casino, and ended up at the Hilton conveniently located across the street. I checked in late in the day and was upgraded. Great room on the 8th floor with amazing bathroom.
Check in staff were very friendly. The only issue was that the TV was not working but a call to reception got that sorted quickly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Purdey,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. I’m pleased to read you’ve enjoyed your stay. For the Conference traveller the hotel is ideally located being only 5 minutes walk to the Award Winning Cairns Convention Centre. In the other direction we have waterfront restaurants, nightlife and of course, the Reef Fleet terminal where boats leave for a day on the Great Barrier Reef.
I hope you can visit again from the NT on another occasion.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Amazing service !!!!! Above and beyond the call of duty. Room were perfect!
Location superb. Would stay again any day

Dear Numblie,

I appreciate your very kind comments on Tripadvisor. Thank you for sharing with your fellow travellers – I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hoe you can travel this way again when you make the trek across the Tasman.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

First thing we noticed on check in was that the staff at this hotel is completely top card. Every single person we came in contact with did their absolute best to make sure we were taken care of. They could not have been better. The rooms were alright. Not special, not creativley decorated ... But fine. Every room has a little balcony with 2 chairs and a little table which is great for watching the evening bat fly-out. These things are nice.

What is not nice is $29 per day, capped price internet access. (Australia is not quite a player on the world stage when it comes to the internet but in 2011 welcome to the 90's. Very limited TV channels and $9 per EXIT parking charges. Still tolerable.

What I was not comfortable with was our bed linen. It never smelled fresh and there is not a top sheet between you and the comforter. You lay on the bed sheets with just a comforter over you. To be able to sleep you have to assume that the comforter is laundered between guests. I have trouble believing it is. I have never seen that before, I didn't like it. I might consider recommending this Hilton to friends but I would also recommend they look around too.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank 2wheeltourist

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the comprehensive Tripadvisor I appreciate your comments. I am concerned to read that you don’t feel the bedding was clean – please be assured all linen is cleaned between each guest stay. I’m pleased to advise that a very recent upgrade of our television system now shows another 15 channels including a variety of national digital channels, international sports and news and a selection of language channels.
It’s great to read that you found the team friendly and caring – it’s a key aspect of our guests experience here in Cairns and naturally it’s vital to an enjoyable stay. I hope we can welcome you back if ever you travel through Australia again.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Loved it! Had a great deluxe room with lovely views of the marina, room decor was modern and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, even keeping the bar open late to make us drinks upon arrival (at 10.30pm)! We had breakfast at the buffet one day, a bit expensive at $35/head but the food was excellent and there was plenty of it so worth the money if you're hungry. Otherwise, the Hilton is within walking distance of hundreds more restaraunts and cafes to choose from. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room - they have the best views and are on the opposite side to the (noisy) casino.
1  Thank Jacqui E
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Jacqui,

Your comments on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated – I’m very pleased to read you found your stay to be ‘Amazing’. ! Your tip for the Deluxe Waterfront room is a great one for Tripadvisor readers – it’s the Premium side of the hotel with panoramic views over the Cairns Waterfront. Thank you for commending the team and their friendliness and focus on guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit North.

John Lucas | General Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Following an internet booking error I made, the staff were extremely accomodating in allowing me to change dates. They could easily have made me wear the consequences, but the reception staff were so helpful at all times. Our room had amazing views of the Cairns harbour, and the location is fantastic with a huge variety of restaurants nearby. Also perfect if planning a reef trip, as the cruise boats depart from a two minute walk away. I really couldn't fault the hotel, and will return. Buffet breakfast had a good variety, and once again the staff wonderful, with nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Marisajh,

Thank you for great comments on Hilton Cairns. I’m very pleased we were able to assist fixing your booking – we pride ourselves on flexibility and ensuring guest satisfaction. It’s great to read you’ve enjoyed the hotel facilities, the location and of course the service provided by the team here at the Hilton. Noting you’re a Queensland I hope we can lure back to the North for a sunshine filled break at another time.

John Lucas | General Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel was in a good location. Had a nice room but had to look out not down for the view.
Looking over the water was nice but looking down was not so good.
Had a lovely breakfast each morning. The staff were welcoming how ever forgot to bring our luggage up and had to ask after waiting for some time. They also didn't have details of the up grade that I had submitted from there email they had sent me a little disappointing, the gentlemen on the desk said he could change our booking how ever the room we had was an excellent room with great view and wasn't really keen to change us. So we just stayed with the room we had. Overall quite good, pool area very nice.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a view, if you would like to be near the pool stay on level 3 other its a long...

Dear JRB,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of Hilton Cairns. My apologies for the room allocation confusion on arrival – it sounds like you were still satisfied with the waterfront room you received. You’ve highlighted some of the hotel’s key features being our location and recreation facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit North.

John Lucas |General Manager