We stayed at the Hilton Cairns for a few days over Christmas before going to a friend's house in Port Douglas for New Years. We hadn't been here since the renovations and are quite impressed with what they have done not so outdated anymore. We are HHDiamond members so we get automatic upgrades, and we asked not to have a room close to the casino noise and this request was granted by the check in staff.
We visited the Executive Lounge and the service here was impeccable. We were attended to by a lady named Cassandra who although was busy called a numerous number of restaurants for us as a number of them were closed over the holidays, and printed a map with directions to get to the one we decided on. Then on another night she told us that there were no seats in the lounge at that time and offered to set up a service in the lobby bar or we could take drinks to our room. We were a little dissapointed but could clearly see that even the balcony looked quite crowded so we took some generously poured glasses of wine that she gave us. What went above for us was when the lounge had closed she knocked on our door and personally apologised for not being able to contact us when a table became available as one hadn't, and then presented us with a tray of two extra glasses of wine and a plate of canapes that were served in the lounge that night. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on our balcony in our very comfortable bathrobes with our wine and canapes.
As for the rest of the stay the airconditioning did seemed strained and we overheard a number of guests complain about this, but being that it is Cairns in the summertime we expected pretty much what we got and appreciated the fan we requested for and got within twenty minutes of putting in the call.
All the staff here seemed to do their best to help everyone suffering with the humidity and we would stay here again when it's not so busy so we can really enjoy all it and Cairns has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International