“Great place to stay!”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great location and walking distance to the Esplanade, Ferry Building, Casino, and downtown area. I found the hotel and the surrounding area very clean. To start off, the lobby is pretty airy with comfy chairs to relax in. Checking in was a breeze and they even offered me free breakfast as being a HH member. Reservations can be made for tours such as the Great Barrier Reef in the lobby. I had a standard room, which had the balcony and a decent bathroom. The views from the balcony are pretty nice since the hotel is located by the waterfront. Hotel was even environmentally friendly - when you open the balcony door, the air conditioner turned off. Receiving the local newspaper in the morning was a nice touch. No issues in sleeping: comfortable bed and pretty quiet. The breakfast offered a wide selection of choices to choose from. Since the hotel is located in a great location and provided easy access to downtown, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Hilton Cairns via tripadvisor. It's great to read you've enjoyed your experience here at the Hilton. You've made reference to our ideal location, ours panoramic views and focus on Sustainability. Readers will be interested to learn that we've just completed a significant project in the field of Sustainability replacing major Air-conditioning and Hot water supply plant plus the installation of energy efficient LED lighting throughout the hotel. This project has led to an improved guest experience and a reduction in our 'carbon footprint'. I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Cairns when next you travel.

Hilton Cairns

Write a ReviewReviews (2,356)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Our family recently returned from stay at the hilton Cairns and it would be remiss of me not to comment on just how well things went. We were travelling with our 2 children and even from the first phone call I knew this was going to be a typically wonderful Hilton stay. Nothing was too much trouble. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to an executive spa suite and it was exceptional. Even to the point that the executive housekeeper sort us out by the pool to see how things were going and if we had a preference for when our rooms should be cleaned.
The executive lounge staff were wonderful and when out of their way for us. When I commented on how delicious the yoghurt was, a local organic product, Claire called them for me to see if I could buy them back in Brisbane!
I had also requested a small cake to help celebrate my daughters 5th bithday and we were presented with a tray of cupcakes and song in the lounge as a surprise for her. Again nothing was too much trouble.
Finally my husband had meetings with a few international customers who are all very regular Hilton visitors and the executive staff again went out of their way to help with some emails and faxes that were time critical.
We have long believed that the Hilton chain represents excellent value for money (particularly as a rewards member) and this trip was outstanding.
Thank you Hilton we will be back time and time again....!!!

Room Tip: You cannot go past an executive room and the upgrade cost is minimal here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank deboerfamily
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Family travellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Cairns via tripadvisor. It’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your experience here at the Hilton – and it sounds like your daughter had a great birthday!. We really feel it’s the little things that can make the difference and the Executive Lounge team are always ready to go that extra step. Thank you for the on-going support of the Hilton group and we look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Having stayed here last year we decided to book again. Only a one night stay before heading to Port Douglas. The hotel is in a great position with some great views. Staff have been excellent on both stays. This time stayed in the executive rooms with club lounge access. Pre dinner drinks on the balcony of the lounge was a prefect way to watch the sunset. Canapes not the best we have had in a club lounge but breakfast was more than adequate. We had to check out early as we headed to Green Island for the day. The staff looked after the luggage and provided us with beach towels for the day on the island. Will stay here again just be careful of the slippery floors on the open air corridors.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed our stay, especially the great location, views and the dedicated team here at the Hilton. The Executive Floor is an ideal upgrade and you’ve clearly enjoyed the service and drinks overlooking the city and water. I hope you have the opportunity to come across the Tasman again sometime and we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

A great mix of reliable Hilton brand mixed with tropical Cairns. Views from water side are fabulous. Two really good restaurants to suit any mood. Interiors have had relatively recent refurb.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Trinity Inlet on upper floors suit me best but do suffer from very intense morning sun.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your posting via tripadvisor following your stay here at Hilton Cairns. It’s great to read you’ve enjoyed your experience with particular note of the great location and our recent refurbishment. The two dining options, Mondo, located right on the waterfront and Hanuman, our partner restaurant with renowned Chef Jimmy Shu, offer a wide variety of cuisine. I hope you’ll have the opportunity to visit Tropical North Queensland again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

On a recent trip to Cairns we decided to bool the Hilton as we had stayed there before and for many reasons we really liked it. I looked at their site online and found a great deal that included breakfast, I always book a hotel that includes breakfast (the last time we stayed here the breakfast was fantastic). I didn't book it online as I needed to book interconnecting rooms, so I booked with the hotel directly. Once booked the confirmation came through and I didn't really check it. Big mistake. When we presented to breakfast the next morning we were not on the list, and oversight I thought. Later I decided I had better make sure we were on the breakfast list and they advised there was no breakfast included in our room rate. I advised ther definatley was and they said I would need to provide them with the proof. Of course I couldn't as it was not on the confirmation. I advised them of the package I had booked and they said they cannot go back in the system to see what was offered on that day and if we wanted breakfast we needed to pay another $40.00 per room per night. I chose not to pay the money and we had to purchase breakfast elsewhere for the next tewo days. I was left so angry that they clearly didn't believe me. I will also say that their breakfast is no longer sensational, it is an ordinary hotel buffet with nothing special heavily directed at their Japanese customers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BettyboopAustralia

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m sorry to read there was some question over your Breakfast inclusion. It’s disappointing to read that you didn’t dine with us – we regularly receive great comments on the variety of breakfast food on offer. I hope we can welcome you back again another time.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We availed of a family room offer here and were not disappointed . The rooms were really good and had a nice balcony to sit out on . The location couldn't be better for enjoying all Cairns has to offer and the breakfast was also pico bello . Well worth the bit extra for families and watch out for Hilton offers on Hilton.com as 2 + 2 here can be as cheap as B & B.

Room Tip: Look for a family room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Travelling Family,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via tripadvisor. You sound like you’ve had a great family holiday and I’m pleased we’ve been able to play our part in your experience. Our location is premium with all the great activities Cairns has to offer being right on our door step. No need for a car here! It’s great you enjoyed the breakfast too. I see you’re a long way from home but hope you can travel again to Tropical North Queensland.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is a fabulous Hilton located right on the bay in Cairns AU. Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet, even being next to the kitchen for the Executive Lounge, and ha d a lovely balcony with both a city and bay view. The lounge itself was also very nice and also had a balcony with fabulous views. The biggest problem with this hotel is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. The halls are completely wi-fi equipped but the rooms are not. So in order to use a mobile device with the wi-fi you eitehr need to stay in the hall or near the door in your room. Unacceptable, though to the hotel’s credit they did offer to move me to a different room when I mentioend the issue. Other guests I spoke to also had issues with the wi-fi. The lobby is fully wi-fied but even there the signal was weak. The pool area is incredible, the gym a bit dated and on the small side, and both are located on the first floor but oddly only accessible via a spiral staircase from the third floor. I would come back to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMW757677

Dear New York Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns and I’m pleased to read you’ve enjoyed our hotel stay with us but have noted WiFi as being a concern. Please be assured we are in the final stages of a new Hilton Connectivity program known as ‘Stay Connected’ that will alleviate your concerns. I hope we can welcome you back to Cairns when next you travel to Australia.