“Will come back!”

Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Sydney
“Will come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business and wish I could have stayed for more.

Great location, right on the water and steps from the boardwalk which is perfect for early morning run or walk. Lots of great looking restaurants nearby.

Was upgraded to Spa Suite which was a nice surprise and room was very well fitted out with close to the best bathroom I have had in my recent hotel stays around Australia.

Pool was great for a night swim and room service tasty and quick!

Had previously stayed along the boardwalk at Shangri La, but I think the Hilton beats it for me!

Staff very attentive and no complaints from me....Highly recommended........5/5

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. One night is indeed way too short to enjoy all the great attractions that we offer here in the Tropical North. There’s so much to do whether just around the city and Esplanade or beyond to the Great Barrier Reef and Tropical Rainforests. I hope we can welcome you back again soon,

Hilton Cairns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Concierge desk faces the driveway but depending on whether you get the right concierge with the correct attitude this could make or break your initial experience. I was fortunate to get an attentive concierge who came out from behind the desk when he saw my car pull up the driveway.

Lobby is nice & bright. Very modern.

Rooms have been refurnished & look up to date, luxurious & very comfortable.

Location of hotel being on the marina & next to the casino is a good thing. Not far away from a lot of restaurants. All cruises that depart from cairns are within walking distance.

Breakfast is of a good standard for a 5 star.

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us noting the refurbished accommodation and location on the marina with easy access to Great Barrier Reef day trip vessels. I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back again when next you travel to the Tropical North.

Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We hadn't planned to visit Cairns but due to flooded roads we spent two nights. We just walked in and got a room, our Gold status got us a great rate with free breakfast.
I agree with the other reviewer; need to improve beds. How about a memory foam topper, or find out what kind of mattress the Hilton Garden Inns use in the US, the beds are heaven.
Great service and even better location. Large selection at the breakfast buffet, however I ordered pancakes and they were the worst I had ever had, I think they left out the ingredient that made them light and fluffy, they were flat and touch.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barryandjoan
Dear Barry and Joan,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns. I’m sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your pancakes, this comment has been passed to the Executive Chef for review. All roads in and out of the region were only closed briefly following some heavy rains but travel to and from Cairns was quickly restored. I hope we can welcome you back to Cairns another time.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My partner and had been staying in Port Douglas for the previous days before checking into the Hilton in Cairns. The other hotel we were staying at wasn't up to scratch so we thought we'd lash out and get one of the Executive Spa Suites at the Hilton.
From the moment we arrived at the Hilton, we were greeted by the door man, and our luggage was picked up for us so we could checkin with ease. The counter staff were all lovely. We arrived at around 11:30am, and were very pleased when we were told our room was already ready for us (checkin is usually 2pm). The bellboy took our bags up stairs for us and we caught the lift up.
From the moment we walked in we were just in awe of the room, it was nice and cool from the air conditioning and the fit out was just amazing. Everything in the room was extremely modern.
We had stunning views of the mountains and of the water. Drinks and canapes were included in the cost of the room, also breakfast the next morning.
The next morning I took full advantage of the pool and also ordered some cocktails to be delivered. The cocktails weren't the best I'd ever had, but for $12 they were quite good.
Everything from start to finish was perfect, the only thing that could have been improved was the air conditioning in our room, in the mornings it got quite hot in the room. We also definitely appreciated the complimentary late checkout at 1230pm so we could go straight from the Hotel to the Airport.
Was a pleasure staying at the Hilton Cairns and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Executive Spa Suite is amazing.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor for Hilton Cairns. I’m pleased to read that you’ve really enjoyed your stay especially in one of your premium Executive Spa suites - they provide an extra level of comfort and design with great views of course.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Tropical North when you make your next ‘escape’.

Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel for 6 nights during February
The Hotel is comfortable , the rooms have very good beds and rooms well laid out to a good standard be advised book with water view well worth it
The air conditioning is hit and miss and is no where near as cool as it should be
While we were at the hotel during a heat wave it was often not on in reception or ineffective

Some policies dumbfounded us ie wifi was only free in lobby ?? So I could walk in off the street and get the same treatment as someone who is a guest and pays 200 bucks a night ?? Strange policy for a world brand , a policy they do not deploy in Europe, having said that the wifi is that poor you are better going up the esplanade to Dundees having a bite and using theirs.

The other one was a bar that closes at ten to ten every night ? Why ? Often the in house restaurant is still very busy ?

The gym was well equipped but the one item we wanted to use did not work , the pool is very good

Overall due to crass policies I would not return next time

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Weldge
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor and I’m sorry to read that you did not find value in your accommodation, especially the in room wifi. It’s good to note that you enjoyed the unique water-view location and in room comforts.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

This will be short and basically sweet. This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and the rooms are very good with one big exception. And this is a mystery - why can't one of the world's leading hotel chains supply good beds?

This problem is not unique to Cairns as the Sydney Hilton has the same problem. Namely two crappy uncomfortable, single beds pushed together with a low quality overlay, which then results in a poor night sleep. I wonder how many king size beds they actually have, becuase i have never seen any.

Anyway the rest of the hotel experience was great. The valet service was good, the front desk efficient (although not overly welcoming), and the room ambience and quietness was excellent. I got a great room that opened onto Trinity Inlet for $170 and it was very well appointed...except there is nothing in the mini bar! Also it would have been better to have movie channels instead of sports channels on Foxtel. The bathroom was very nice and clean.

The highlight, as has been the case with my previous visits to Hilton hotels, is the exceptional meals and wine. great selection and very high quality ingredients. Highly recommended that everyone experience, in room dining. Overall 4 out of 5, just let down by a very substandard bed...which is pretty important for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and make sure you get room service- great food and wine!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback on the bedding and I’m sorry to read that you didn’t find them comfortable. We get many positive comments on our Hilton bedding but I acknowledge that the comfort is often a very individual taste. I’m glad you’ve experienced great service and the team have looked after you well. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Had a great stay at the Hilton! It has a really nice pool facility, room was clean and tidy (but for 1 or 2 ants on the bar shelves...) and used nice soft linen for the bed.
Location was fabulous being in the central area of Cairns and on one end of the Esplanade.

Complimentary breakfast was excellent! A very wide range of choices, Western and Eastern.

Really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay highlighting the great central location, the pool and room condition and cleanliness. I hope we can welcome you back to the Tropical North when you next visit from across the Tasman.