I stayed here for 2 nights for work. After I struggled with my 20kg bag up the stairs, the concierge came and asked if I'd like him to take it to my room. After dragging it up the stairs I didn't see much point...
Check in was brief, not very welcoming, no 'how was your day so far, etc etc'. Nothing explained to us regarding breaky, pool, room location.
Room was ok but not super clean (ie you could see that the bathroom sink and bench hadn't been wiped (sitting on the loo is the best height to check that out..). Bobby pins on the floor next to the bed, the room hadnt been vacuumed.
After a big day I almost cried to find that the mini bar doesn't exist and you have to order drinks etc through room service. I couldn't bothered. I thought the mini bar was for convenience?!?
Breaky was disappointing, luckily you can get fresh eggs to order.
Free Wifi in the lobby was handy and the lobby bar provided a good meeting point for colleagues.
Second morning at about 3:30 I awoke to find someone had entered my room and turned the light on. After waking up a second later hearing the light turn off and the door close, I rushed to the door to find out if I was dreaming. The night manager had made an error and was in the room to do some 'maintenance' and said sorry he thought the room was vacant... Totally unacceptable in my opinion. I went back to bed and tried to go back to sleep. When I got up I semi expected a letter of apology under my door (at least! Maybe complimentary breaky - or something..) but there was nothing. This must happen a lot if they think this kind of mistake isn't worth an apology!!
So I think the room visitor ruined the stay for me, I'd be reluctant to return.
I've stayed at the Shang-ri la in Cairns too. Much older (needs a makeover as much as Hilton) but you receive much better service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International