The hotel is located directly on the river front and we had a beautiful view - you can walk along the harbour front to the town centre in approx 5mins
The hotel generally is very nice, what you would expect from a hilton
Free wifi in reception but generally slow speeds, but I suspect this is due to amount of people using - note to anyone with a kindle wanting to download a free book .. They block the ports that kindle uses (sorry for technical speak) so you cannot update kindles but computers and iPad / iPhone updated and worked fine.
We eat in Mondos (lower floor of hotel) again fine and surprisingly not expensive
Breakfast was fine, not the best/greatest choice but normal bacon, sausage, pastries, eggs cooked to order etc... - they also cater for Chinese/Japanese market so there was various things that would appeal to that market and not necessarily the western palate at 7am ..
Staff were friendly, in lobby they have an excursion desk which offer various trips - we booked and then later in the town found other similar excursions cheaper but I suppose you find that anywhere.
Taxi cost around $25aud each way from airport to hotel and took about 15mins
Normal gripe about cost of Internet in room .. $30aud per day .. I find this is a ripoff (could explain the slowness in free areas) ... They really should offer it at $10 per day and they will find more people use and in the long run make more money ... (Rant over)
We did pay an extra $9aud per night for a spa room ... I think the rooms are bigger (we were on the 8th floor) so if that's the case then worth it .. If not and you are just paying for a bubble bath then maybe not
Downside - we could not find any rooms that were king bed size and had a room with 2xqueens - they were very comfortable but would have preferred king bed.
Overall ... Very nice stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International