At check-in we were greeted very warmly by Marlon. Being Hilton Diamond, we were upgraded to an Exec room with a view of the waters and ferries going out to sea. Room was very clean though for an Exec room it was smaller than say an equivalent room at the Grace Hotel in Sydney. Our room was made up twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon - which came as a wonderful surprise. It's a pleasure to come back to a room that's clean and tidy after our tours, shopping, etc.
When one of the hotel staff Ritesh found out we were celebrating a special occasion, he delivered a bottle of red wine to our room. That certainly made our day! As the Hilton was undergoing broadband Wi-Fi connectivity issues - yes, Wi-Fi could not be assessed in our room during our stay, Ritesh suggested using the business centre and assisted the administration. I am impressed with the excellent customer-focussed service. During my stay, I had not found one staff that was unkind, rude or unhelpful; however there were a couple of individuals that assisted without a smile such as one at the tour booking desk - but they were not rude.
Breakfast was complimentary in the restaurant on the ground floor. Buffet style, selection was as expected for an Australian Hilton. One could also order specially made pancakes, eggs benedict, eggs cooked whichever way you like, and a few other selections from the table placard. Waiting time for the special orders was about 10 mins, but considering there is no additional charge and the spread of the buffet, waiting wasn't an issue. But the general black coffee (suspected to be drip coffee) served certainly wasn't up to mark - being a coffee lover. Coffee tasted diluted/soft, until ordered a shot of espresso which brought out the beans goodness.
Location was perfect for us as it was a 5-minute walk to catch the ferry to the reefs. It was approximately 15 mins leisure stroll (up a single street) to Cairns Central - the major shopping centre in the city. Hilton was also about 7-minute walk to the Night Markets which was worth visiting, though small (comprising approx. 20 or so stalls, some were empty for lease). Hilton was also about 7 minutes walk to the lagoon if one prefers an open plan sun-tanning day or pool soak - you'll not be able to swim due to the crowds in the pool. Also a short 10-min taxi ride from domestic airport costing approximately between $22-$26 (we paid this amount).
The indoor area of the exec lounge felt slightly smaller than the Brisbane one, perhaps because of the patio area where guests can relax enjoying the sunset (which was beautiful). Food selection was limited and drinks had to be served by the staff member whereas the drinks in the Brissy Exec lounge was "help yourself" from the fridge. That said, hot food selection varied each day with quiche being the best of them all whilst we were there.
Overall Hilton Cairns made our holiday more enjoyable with excellent accommodation and options, friendly smiling well groomed staff and great location suited for our purpose. Would definitely return to Hilton Cairns for our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International