“Great beds, pillows and views”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed for one night room 923 executive level, wish I could of stayed a few more nights. The bed was so comfortable and I didn't want to get up to catch my early flight home. View from room was lovely. Staff were very friendly and attentive. I left my prescription glasses behind, it was no trouble for them to post out to me. We checked out at 5am (well before breakfast is served in the executive lounge) They supplied us with a breakfast box each and was a far better alternative than McDonalds at the airport. Do all Hilton Hotels have the same comfortable beds?

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele D
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your review via Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed so much during your stay and hope that we can welcome you back for longer next time.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I really enjoyed the view of the waterfront from our room - very stunning actually.
Extraordinarily clean, well designed bar & pool area. The staff were always helpful and present when you needed and the breakfast buffet had something for everyone. Comfortable mattress...would have liked to stay here much longer and that is a rare comment from myself. My only complaint is the cleaning staff took it upon themselves to throw out a few items i had resting on the bathroom sink. I would return here.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NomadicAdventurer

Dear NomadicTour,

Thank you for your review.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our waterfront location and the aspect that this offers. Thank you for your feedback on the team, I know they will be pleased to read this. Your comment on housekeeping has been passed on and this feedback is appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Cairns.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Excellent hotel, service was great during my stay. I also used the room service a few times and was extremely happy with the quality of the food. I would definitely recommend and return next time. Great location, right on the water. Excellent access to the boat trips etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Yvette,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.
I was very pleased to read that your stay was so enjoyable. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is a positive one so your feedback is greatly appreciated.
I hope we may welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a lovely hotel with friendly, professional staff. It was extremely good value on the discounted rate we had and would certainly stay there again. It would probably be more pleasant when dry, as it rained when we were there and the rooms are built around an open air courtyard so the walkways were a bit slippery and care had to be taken. Overall it was 5 star.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and service to be of good value. I note you’re almost a ‘local’ and hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Cairns next time you’re travelling from Weipa.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

A fairly average Hilton in a very good location, but, on both the occasions we stayed there there was no one available to help carry our luggage up the considerable number of steps into the hotel from where the taxi dropped us. We were offered help into the lift after checking in (rather pointless after the steps) but a concierge service seems barely to exist there since there was rarely anyone visible. The open atrium effect is probably nice and cool in heat, but means a lot of debris blowing round in a rainstorm.

Room Tip: There is a lift from the underground car park to the lobby. Rooms on the corners are very light.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kate,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review. I’m sorry to read you didn’t receive luggage assistance when you arrived at the Porte Cochere, and it sounds like the weather was unsettled during your stay. I hope next time you come to Cairns you can enjoy the sunshine for which this region is renowned.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Based on my recent visit to Cairns, this is the best hotel in the city. One of the best points of the hotel is its location: near many restaurants, near Esplanade, near casino, and directly beside the pier where boats depart for Reef tours/diving.

We upgraded to the executive level and would recommend this to other travelers (as long as the price is reasonable). The fresh squeezed juice, during breakfast on the executive level, was worth the price of admission for me.

We chose TUSA dive for our dive/snorkel trip and was pleased with that choice as well.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Executive Level
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor for Hilton Cairns. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your Hilton experience with special note of our ideal waterfront location – as you write we are only a short walk to so many of the great assets our city had to offer. The recommendation to upgrade to the Executive Floor is a great option for guests who seek a higher level of comfort and services from the Executive Floor Lounge. I hope you have the opportunity to travel to the Tropical North and dive the Great Barrier Reef again sometime.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Having had a poor hotel in Townsville I was delighted to find the Cairns Hilton restored my faith in Far North Queensland Hotels. It is well-located onlooking the river entrance and has beautiful landscaped grounds in this tropical setting. A short walk away is the Casino and the promenade along the riverfront and wharf area with a great range of restaurants. Staff were first rate, everything in the hotel worked. The main foyer is open and airy with great decor. It was clean, rooms spacious and the bed comfortable although pillows are rather soft and floppy. The bathroom is modern and spacious, well lit, with an excellent shower and bath. The Hanuman restaurant well appointed and food good. Breakfast was excellent with choices of western food and Asian breakfast. I just wish I had more time at the Cairns Hilton - will certainly return when next in Cairns.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms overlooking the waterfront rather than the westerly aspect are best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PhilthetravellerXI

Dear Phil,

Thank you for completing a review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read that we’ve been able to restore your faith in the quality and services offered by hotels in the Tropical North. The team here will be pleased to receive your ‘first rate’ recommendation and you’ve made reference to the quality of the Accommodation and Dining. With winter rapidly approaching in Sydney I hope you have the chance to ‘escape’ and enjoy the sun here in the North again soon.