Hilton Cairns
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$75
Hotels.com
US$92
US$87
US$76
US$73
US$90
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$80
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
US$126
US$115
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$83
US$288
US$179
US$156
US$86
Travelocity
2,421 results
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasfantastic locationreef terminalmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Staying at the Hilton Cairns is like coming home, the staff are welcoming and the Hotel is beautifully situated with wonderful views and a fantastic décor. Mondo's is a great place for lunch with good quality food and a lovely setting, Hanuman's for dinner is just perfect with delicious food and ambience. The guest rooms are truly 5 star and all staff are so professional from check-in to check-out its no wonder that we are frequently returning customers. Once again "well done"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review of Hilton Cairns. It’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and took some time to dine in Hanuman Restaurant and on the Waterfront at Mondo. I’d like to thank you as a local for the ongoing support and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely ,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is in a very good place, in front of the sea. It has a very nice lobby and rooms. Only, the internet connection should be cheaper or free. In the lobby, the free internet only is for 1 hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor following your stay here at Hilton Cairns. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your time with us making special mention of the facilities and location. I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back again when next you travel to Australia.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We needed a break from the Melbourne winter at short notice. First impression of the Cairns Hilton was great with the lively and well decorated lobby, smooth check-in and lovely courtyard garden. Our room was spacious, well appointed and had terrific views of Trinity Inlet and the hinterland beyond. The Hilton was close to everything Cairns has to offer. A terrific choice of seaside restaurants across the street on one side and the casino and its facilities on the other. You can easily walk to most places in Cairns with the most pleasant way through the Esplanade and the enormous public swimming pool park. The staff particularly stood out as nothing seemed too much trouble. The bento box lunch at the Hanuman Restaurant next to the lobby is great value and the food appetising, tasty and well presented. The hotel pool has a beautiful setting and is the perfect finale to a day of sightseeing. John Lucas, the hotel general manager, took a lot interest in guests and should be proud of his first class team running this wonderful property - to which we will no doubt return.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking Trinity Inlet for an uninterrupted view. Balconies are large and well furnished.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeatherAngelo
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Angelo and Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review following your stay with us. It was great to meet you - the team and I are so pleased you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.

You’re right, I am extremely proud of the team here at the hotel, who work tirelessly every day to ensure all guests have a great Hilton experience whether here on business or leisure. It’s not just about the facilities and services but about how one is made to feel whilst here.

I know winter’s a while away but hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in 2014.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hi there. This is my 2nd review for the Hilton in Cairns. I did a review over a year ago and have stayed there subsequently. I stayed there for 2 nights over the long weekend in October in 2013 and thought it was time to provide an update. I paid $159 and $189 and would be happy to $200 per night if the below problems were fixed!

The value and service of the Hilton are still good but compared with some other 5 star hotels in Cairns, there are some concerning areas which they are slipping.

1. The food has definitely dropped in quality over the past 2 years. When I first stayed here the room service was fantastic and the food was on par with any top restaurant in Sydney or Melbourne, and was one of the reasons I have kept returning. However I noticed that the quality of the food had been slipping and in my recent visit I tried both "In Room Dining" for dinner and also the buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Both were a disappointment.

Dinner cost me $61 for a glass of wine, a salad and a steak. The steak at $36 was very ordinary and way too fatty. The salad was dried out and overall I was disappointed.

Breakfast cost $35 and is a rip off. The coffee is very bad for a 5 star hotel, the service is shambolic and annoying, the food was very bad. The scrambled eggs seemed like that powered crap that they serve in cheap buffets, and they had no poached eggs. The mushrooms and tomatoes were over cooked and soggy. The waffles were too thick and dried out and the pastries were again what you expect from cheap and crappy catering company, not from a internationally renowned 5 star hotel.

2. The beds are still an ongoing problem at the Hilton. I dislike having 2 singles strapped together and it then being called a Queen. I can feel the join (as I think most people could) and it does not lend itself to a good nights sleep. Also one of the single beds they had used had a broken base which meant that if you rolled onto that side, you rolled off the bed! In addition the pillows are still very bad. Too big and not firm enough, so it feels like the pillow is swallowing your head!

3. The continual lack of ceiling fans in rooms is just a stupid oversight by the room designers. It was 34 degrees and 80% humidity when I stayed in early October and a ceiling fan would have been far preferable to the continuous air conditioning. It got so hot in the room without the air conditioning, that I had to sleep to with just a sheet on top, that I asked for from housekeeping. The doonas provided are way too hot for tropical Queensland. They should be lighter and there should be blankets in the cupboard if guest need to sleep warmer.

4. Finally, the cleanliness on the rooms seems to be slipping also. There was a dirty towel in one of the rooms I stayed in and another one of the rooms smelled like cigarette smoke, even though I specially asked for a non smoking room. Both the rooms I stayed in for the 2 nights seemed stale and needed some nice fragrance in there because the first impression was not a pleasant one.

I will finish on a positive- the staff are still very helpful and attentive and compensate slightly for the low grade of food and stuffy rooms. The valet car parking service is very good and quite reasonable at just $15 for 2 nights.

I think the housekeeping manager and the restaurant managers need to improve their standards to maintain the good name of Hilton, otherwise I will stay in one of four other 5 star hotels in Cairns on my next visit in December.

Room Tip: Sweet talk the front desk to get a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Fussyandhonest

Dear Fussyandhonest,

Thank you for the comprehensive review of Hilton Cairns – the detailed feedback is appreciated. I have noted your areas of concerns and have passed these to the Department Managers for review and action.
I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back here when you return to Cairns in December and would invite you to make direct contact with me at that point.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

After some time in both Sydney and Port Douglas, we made our way to Cairns. We stayed in the premier suite and were truly spoiled. The room is incredible with breathtaking views of the harbour. I could sit out on the (ginormous) balcony forever with a glass of wine watching the ships sail in and out. So relaxing and a great way to wind down our 2 week trip.

Service was top notch. Staff was very friendly and attentive. It's the first time I've ever stayed in a room where we had a private butler.

I'd love to go back to Cairns for my 40th bday to take part in Ironman Cairns. If I do, THIS is where I am staying!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review of Hilton Cairns. Thank you also for choosing Australia for your 2 week vacation, we hope you’ve enjoyed the whole experience.
I’m pleased to read that you stayed in our Premier Suite and took time for glass of wine and to watch the world go by. It’s one of the best suites available in Cairns, generous in size with great views and facilities and affords guests the use of the exclusive Executive Floor Lounge.

The Cairns Ironman Festival is back again in June next year and is receiving international acclaim as a signature event on the Ironman calendar – I hope we can see you at the start- line !.