The sort of thing that you would expect from the Hilton brand. Nothing grand. Functional and slightly dated.
The upper floors have something of a motel feel to them as the "corridors" are open to the elements.
It seemed to have the ambience of a beach front motel. Which might not be a bad thing, unless you are expecting chic city luxury!
My room was of a decent size and I slept ok in the bed.
I found it to be a good location
I did have one real concern. The buffet breakfast offering is not great and the service around the tables is really quite poor and not very hygienic.
I watched one young lethargic male staff member who clearly didn't want to be there. When clearing the tables he looked at the glasses and made a decision as to whether they had been used or not. If he thought they hadn't he'd leave them on the table, and neatly bunch them together by putting his fingers inside the glass! Having cleared a table he wouldn't bother to wipe it properly. He gave a cursory flick of the crumbs with the serviettes he was laying for the next customers to use! He walked past table after table which had been vacated and were cluttered with used crocks, steadfastly refusing to try to make the place look better and ready for the next arrivals. There were lots more issues at breakfast time, and I did bring them to the attention of the resort General Manager before I left.
But having said that, if I visited Cairns again, I would return to the Hilton. But would take my breakfast elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International