Yet another disappointing supposedly five star hotel in Australia. The room and public areas were fine but the food service in every respect was absolutely dreadful.
We were here for three nights and the first days breakfast service was chaotic. I appreciate there was a party of Japanese in the hotel and our party but surely the hotel could plan ahead to ensure the restaurant was properly staffed for breakfast . Fried eggs were like two brown disks ( see photo attached) which was rectified on day 2 but reverted to type on day
I did make a formal complaint which prompted a bottle of wine and chocolate from the sales Manager which was appreciated but judging from the 3 day breakfast there is unlikely to be any permanent improvement in service.
We ate in Donninis in house Italian restaurant on the first night and I had a nice pizza but my wife had lasagne which was hot on the outside and. Cold in the middle. We advised the staff and they took it away pushed the 2 halves together and put it in the microwave. When challenged the waitress admitted this is what had been done . In a hot country a very dangerous practice.
As I stated above the third breakfast was very poor again brown disks for eggs luke warm bacon and sausages which looked as though they had not been cooked . The eggs were returned and replaced by some which were edible but only marginally better.
Until this. Hotel sorts out the catering arrangements it cannot be considered a 5 star hotel and is one I will certainly not be returning to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International