“Money well spent!”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Would defintly recommend the Hilton! Staff was very friendly, Room was so beautiful very neat tidy and extremly clean. My first impression as i first walked into the Hilton was WOW! Reception area was very clean neat and tidy, Reception staff upon check in and check out was very helpful and friendly and went out of there way to help me and my friends. Would certainly recommend the Hilton for Family, Friends, Couples or Business. I did not stay as long as i would have liked to but i will be back for sure this time for longer. Location is also excellent, right near the city, shops, etc. Money well spent can not wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carmel C
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Cairns on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read your review and was happy to know that we created a wow factor for you as soon as you arrived. The hotels positioning allows guests to enjoy all the wonderful attractions Cairns has to offer including the Reef Fleet Terminal, shopping hot spots and night life. The view from our rooms is also a great asset and I am happy to know that you received great service.
Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Cairns in the near future, and hopefully for a little longer this time.

John Lucas | General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,330)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

When I arrived in the room (late 10.30pm), the tv would not work. I was not overly worried, but then noticed that none of the power points worked either, so I went to the lobby and spoke with staff in reception who alerted the duty manager (at 11pm) and he immediately came to the floor, confirmed the problem and reset the tripped electrical circuit. I also noticed that the air-conditioning seemed a little noisy on the first night, although I do live in a very quiet (country) area. Mentioned this to reception next morning and maybe I imagined it but it definitely seemed quieter the second night. Overall, I was very impressed with the way these minor issues were dealt with by Hilton staff. Food and bar / dining service and cleanliness again excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul A

Dear Traveller,

It is important to receive feedback from our guests and I am happy to read that our team were able to action your requests in a timely manner.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Cairns for business.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just want to highlight the comfortable bed and very caring staff. Was not a great view from the room but did not paid too much... Overall very happy about this one night stay in a twin share accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Cairns on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with our luxurious beds. We regularly receive positive feedback from our guests in regards to the beds, some not wanting to leave the hotel. We have a great team here, so I thank you for your comments about the great service you received.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Yet another disappointing supposedly five star hotel in Australia. The room and public areas were fine but the food service in every respect was absolutely dreadful.

We were here for three nights and the first days breakfast service was chaotic. I appreciate there was a party of Japanese in the hotel and our party but surely the hotel could plan ahead to ensure the restaurant was properly staffed for breakfast . Fried eggs were like two brown disks ( see photo attached) which was rectified on day 2 but reverted to type on day

I did make a formal complaint which prompted a bottle of wine and chocolate from the sales Manager which was appreciated but judging from the 3 day breakfast there is unlikely to be any permanent improvement in service.

We ate in Donninis in house Italian restaurant on the first night and I had a nice pizza but my wife had lasagne which was hot on the outside and. Cold in the middle. We advised the staff and they took it away pushed the 2 halves together and put it in the microwave. When challenged the waitress admitted this is what had been done . In a hot country a very dangerous practice.

As I stated above the third breakfast was very poor again brown disks for eggs luke warm bacon and sausages which looked as though they had not been cooked . The eggs were returned and replaced by some which were edible but only marginally better.

Until this. Hotel sorts out the catering arrangements it cannot be considered a 5 star hotel and is one I will certainly not be returning to.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mikeotter
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Mikeotter,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. At Hilton it is vitally important to us that we do receive feedback on our hotel and facilities, whether it is positive or negative, it would be impossible to improve.

I was extremely disappointed to hear about your stay and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any disappointment that you felt.
Your feedback has been passed onto our Food and Beverage team. Please be assured that your experience is not indicative of our normal standards and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, my sincere thanks for taking the time make us aware of your experience, I do hope that you may return to Hilton Cairns and I look forward to the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,
John Lucas| General Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great location with excellent views if you are overlooking river area. Overall really good place but several areas that need addressing, the free public internet in the bar area was difficult to obtain a connection and the speed was slow. Room was not ready for 2pm and we arrived at 6pm and was still not ready. Took 3 attempts by the breakfast staff to bring us our tea order correct.

Dear H922HBjohg,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay, particularly the hotels location and views. My sincere thanks for taking the time make us aware of your experience, I do hope that you may return to Hilton Cairns in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
John Lucas| General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice fittings and fixtures. Bed was comfy. Friendly Team Members. If you enjoy nice cold air-conditioning don't stay here. Balcony/Glass sliding doors were not so clean. Hilton cairns does not live up to the hilton name like it does in the Gold Coast.

Dear Joshua G,

I was delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cairns. As our guest, your feedback about your experience is vitally important to our business.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and that the team members provided such a memorable experience. I shall pass your comments on to all those concerned who I know truly appreciate receiving such feedback.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights, very pleased with the hotel. Great bed, amenities, view and location. We came to go scuba diving in the reef, this hotel was right next to the harbor where our boat was leaving from. The rooms were very modern and the AC was awesome in the humid tropical region of Cairns. The only downside was the speed of the Wifi, it was unbelievably slow. The staff was helpful and we were very very pleased, very highly recommended.

Dear Adam B,

I am delighted to read your positive comments following your 4 night stay with us at Hilton Cairns with your partner.
Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and I am happy to read you were able to go diving from Cairns. We are fortunate to be within walking distance to the Reef Fleet Terminal and city hotspots.
It is great to that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including the views, amenities and service.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope to see you again in the near future.