“Not up to standard.”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights and if we had not already paid, we would have moved hotel.
Although they were mostly small things that were wrong, the total experience was tainted.
Things like needing to be "Arnie" to open balcony door, Toiletries only topped up on last day, bed made but looked like they had been slept on, hairs in bathroom (not ours), at breakfast we requested that the milk be labelled (lactose issue) but this was not done. However staff were friendly and helpful when approached.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew D
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns and I’m sorry to read your experience fell short of expectations. I have passed the feedback on to the Housekeeping team as we continually seek to improve our service and quality.

John Lucas | General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We held a wedding function in Hilton Cairns with over 30 guests and food and service was wonderful. Staffs were friendly and handy. Wedding package included a free night stay at beautiful view spa room and sparking wine gifts. Absolute will return again for our anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read that your stay was so enjoyable. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is a positive one so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I hope we may welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff went out of their way to provide assistance. I left phone charger at home, they gave me a loan one. Staff remembered how I liked my coffee. Cleaning staff got the things I forgot to pack down to my bags very quickly. Restaurant - dinner was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Fiona,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns. It’s great to read the team were able to assist with a spare phone charger – it’s an often forgotten appliance these days and we hold a stock at Reception just in case. ! The Café Sunrise Breakfast team and Donnini Simply Italian Dinner team will all be delighted to know you appreciated their service and attention. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed for two nights on the 7th floor as part of a business trip. From the warm greeting I received at reception through to the faultless in-room dining, the service at this hotel was outstanding. I highly recommend this lovely property and, if you stay on the 7th floor, there's even a chance the manager's cute cat might pop by your balcony to say hi (he visited me twice!).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns in Tripadvisor. It’s great to read you’ve enjoyed your visit – I hope you managed at least a little leisure in your time here. I know the team will appreciate your great comments on their service. I hope we’ll see you back again soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at Hilton Cairns for 2 nights, and I can say that I am satisfied with the hotel.But there were a few things I noticed.

When I first went to the room, it smelled like cigarette. It wasn't really a big deal so I didn't complain, I just opened the windows.
The shower room was a bit odd to me (although I have seen worse) because they did not have a curtain that should be separating the shower room and the rest. I had to be very careful not to spill water in the toilet area.

Other than that, the service was generally good, and the location is the best you can get.

It is really close to the main area in the city and most of the famous restaurants are within walking distance.

The view from the rooms on the bay side is also very nice.

I am overall satisfied with the stay though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fedesyuki

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review. I appreciate the feedback on the bathroom setup and apologise for the room smell – all our rooms are non smoking but unfortunately guests do, on rare occasions, make a different choice. I’m pleased you’ve enjoyed your stay overall and your visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I selected this hotel due to its close proximity to the Esplanade. Lots of souvenir shops, restaurants and Ice Cream stops along the way. Refreshing pit stops.

Took a shuttle to the hotel. No windows to protect you from the HEAT.

Deluxe double bed room overlooking the waterfront. Free internet. We were out and about everyday so we were not able to enjoy the hotel amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Hilton Honors guest,

Thank you for your continuing loyalty to the Hilton brand and I’m pleased you’ve chosen Hilton Cairns to redeem some well earned points. We’d be pleased to welcome you back again when next you travel to Australia.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed on the 7th floor looking towards the sea and airport. It was a beautiful view and i really enjoyed the balcony. At dusk I watched the thousands of bats taking off for their nightly adventures. The room was impressive, the bed comfortable and I wanted to take the pillows home. The hotel was within walking distance to the docks and uptown. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The buffet breakfasts were so delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and watched the nightly bat migration, it’s quite something to witness. I hope we can welcome you back again to the Tropical North of Australia one day.