“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Sydney, Australia
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this hotel without a great level of expectation. After all it is a Hilton and my usual experience is that that means reliably good but not excellent. Well we had an excellent stay at this Hilton. I booked a sea view room and it was fabulous. Great views, a really nice balcony, well appointed, a bed I would have liked to have taken home with me and very helpful staff. It is also very well located in Cairn's major restaurant/tourist precinct. Having stayed in quite a few hotels in a Cairns over the past year, this is the one I would go back to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the hotel review of Hilton Cairns. I appreciate you taking the time to feedback on your stay and I’m pleased to note you’ve enjoyed your time with us including our convenient waterfront location.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

John Lucas | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a nice hotel close to town, the casino and some very good restaurants. The rooms are nice, the staff are friendly and the hotel is clean. I however wasn't really happy with the housekeep of the room. The attention to detail was not what I expect of a Hilton.

I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Martin,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns. I appreciate the feedback on the Housekeeping team and have passed this detail to the senior team for review and action. I note you’re returning to Cairns again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton, Cairns for a friend's wedding and had my infant son in tow. The hotel was very accommodating and even provided a cot for my son, which I thought was going above and beyond. I was very appreciative of the fact that I didn't have to cart a portacot on the plane. A buffet breakfast was also included daily and they had a very nice pool area, which we used on two separate occasions.

The staff were very friendly and happy to help. The wedding chapel is also ideal for couples thinking about a small, destination wedding. It was beautiful shots out over the water and there's a nice grassed area next to it, to take photos. I couldn't fault the food at the reception in the hotel either - just beautiful. All in all it was a very enjoyable trip and I'd be happy to recommend the Hilton, Cairns to friends and family.

Room Tip: Water views are for rooms to the back of the building. I would also try for around level 6.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns on Tripadvisor. It’s never easy travelling with young children so it’s great to read we were able to assist in making the journey a little easier. We appreciate the feedback on the wedding event and I’m pleased you enjoyed the garden and waterfront location of our Wedding Chapel. We look forward to welcoming you back again some time.

Mareeba, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Every time we stay here it is perfect! Everyone is very willing to help you. Room service is always amazing and on time. The rooms are fantastic with beautiful views of Cairns and the beds and spa's are heaven!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Nikita,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review and for your on-going patronage. We really value the support from our North Queensland locals and I’m sure we can welcome you back again soon.

Your sincerely,

Numurkah, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Entry lobby with bar very impressive. Deluxe room spacious with decent size balcony and nice views of Trinity Inlet. Buffet breakfast enjoyable with great selections. Staff very attentative and helpful at all times. Great location within easy reach of transport, shops restaurants etc. Stayed 5 nights and certainly would stay there again.

Room Tip: view of trinity inlet.
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review following your 5 night stay with us here in Cairns. It’s great you’ve explored from our location and enjoyed some time to unwind and relax on your holiday. I hope we’ll be able to have you visit again soon.

Your sincerely,
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a great 3 nights stay here last month. It's an older hotel but the room and public areas were well maintained and presented and it's in a great location on the esplanade with the casino, marina and some nice restaurants a short stroll away. Our room on the executive level had great views across Trinity Inlet and as diamond members of the Hilton HHonors scheme the executive lounge was a good place to relax and enjoy breakfast and complimentary drinks and canapés in the evening. The general manager also introduced himself on our arrival and made us extremely welcome which was a nice touch. Had a nice lunch on arrival at Mondo Cafe overlooking the inlet and one of the best pizzas I've had in a while one evening in their Italian restaurant , both places being competitively priced.
Our only slight complaint was the pool and spa which certainly weren't heated the day we went to go for a swim. It may have just been faulty that day as it felt warmer they day before when we dipped out toes in the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Trinity Inlet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Coasters,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns and I’m very pleased to read you’ve enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the on-going support from such loyal travellers as yourselves and it’s great to note that you enjoyed the exclusive facilities offered on the Executive Floor. I hope we can welcome you back again when next you travel to the Tropical North.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Things were neat and tidy. Staff was helpful. Location was great. Room service was fine. Would have liked to have used more of the amenities, but, out of time, and other things to do. This review wants a minimum of 200 characters, so typing this to fill space.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns on Tripadvisor. It’s great to read we met your expectations and hope we can welcome you back again sometime so you can enjoy more of what our great region has to offer.