The first impression of Hilton Cairns was really good, porter assisted with luggage. Check-in was a breeze, probably because it seems that there is no other guest expect me. Offered me with a upgrade to Executive Floor for AUD80 which includes breakfast/pre-dinner drinks; I declined as I was there for a night and will be checking out really early. So didn't think it was worth it.
I got a room on Level 7. From the guest room levels, there is this amazing atrium designed like a rain forest. I felt like i was staying in a hotel in the rain forest. I got one of the NEWLY REFURBISHED ROOM; partial city, partial water view. Looks amazing. Modern room, beautifully furnished, a king bedding with REALLY BIG luscious pillows expect for the bathroom, which I don't think they have done anything with it. The old stand in tub shower, with shower curtain. It was really standard bathroom. I found a few long black hair, which is definitely not mine. After unpack, I went back down to reception to request for a Turndown Service and mentioned about the hair. The Japanese girl said No Worries. Later I return back to the room, turndown service was done but the hair is still there. Sigh... i couldnt be bothered to call for service again as it was getting late.
The hotel is within walking distance to everything. Next door to the Casino, Less than 5 minutes walk to the Esplanade, with lots of restaurants and cafe. 15 minutes easy walking to Cairns Central; shopping mall.
Had a couple of drinks in Mondo Cafe Bar; a nice garden bar with Trinity Bay in front of you.
Overall, I would definitely come back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, alfresco dining at the award-winning Mondo Café Bar and Grill on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at "Donninis "Simply Italian". Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International