We stayed here 15 years ago, and loved it, so thats why I chose it on a return visit.
I had booked 8 months prior, and requested deluxe Trinity Bay view, 2 x King rooms. With that much notice, I expected to have that on arrival. Wrong. We were given 1 x king, and 1 x twin. they were right at the end of the hotel, and overlooked a swampy, dirty wharf area. Because we checked in late at night, and were exhausted, we were too tired to argue. The next morning I went to reception, and told the lady on duty what we had booked, and what we actually got. She changed them straight away, but we had to wait till rooms were cleaned before we could move - a waste of a day out of only a 5 night break. Our new rooms were lovely, albeit the decor a little outdated. However, everything was spotlessley clean, and beds were comfy, with a high standard as far as the linen went.
Buffet Breakfast - these were included in the price - 90 % of the food was of a very good standard, however it was not until the 2nd to last day we were told omelettes are part of the breakfast deal......these were delicious, and I wish someone had told us earlier.
Coffee was strong, hot and fresh, just the way I like it.
Plus side - location, staff, and comfort. Loved the Valet parking, service was will worth the few extar dollars per day.
Negatives - staff obviously think you have been told everything you need to know, as too much we found out about in the last 2 days of our stay - like the omelettes, internet in the foyer etc Huge tour groups checking in every day - they obviously get priority on the good rooms regardless of what you personally have booked.
We never saw anyone servicing the bar during happy hour.
I would stay here again, but would insist on the rooms I booked - maybe arrive early rather than later? Its very frustrating changing rooms. When you book 8 months in advance therre is no excuse for not getting the room you have booked, even though its Christmas time. What you book, is what you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International