“My fourth stay at Acacia Court and yes, I will return”
Review of Acacia Court Hotel

Acacia Court Hotel
Ranked #62 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Acacia Court is at the northern end of Cairns Esplanade, a quiet area of Cairns and an easy walk into the city centre. You can spend hours on the Esplanade watching the different birds and never tire of it. This hotel is beginning to show its age, but the prices charged more than compensate. The breakfast buffet was extremely good and the evening buffet gave plenty of choice for everyone. The room I was given had a wonderful ocean view and had recently been refurbished. The staff are always friendly - my only adverse comment on this stay was having to pay for all meals in cash, previously these could be charged to the room, this was despite a print of my credit card having been taken.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2011

When I arrived I was greeted by a woman that appeared to be in a really bad mood. She gave me my room, which I was extremely disappointed in...I had no view except for the roof with a million smoke butts on it. It was on Level 2 and was noisy with cleaners hanging around til 6pm. I upgraded to an ocean view room for the rest of my stay...was glad I did..had a beautiful view..the only thing wrong with it was that the bed was stuffed. Uncomfortable. Anyways I have stayed at this hotel before and knew that the breakfasts were outstanding.....not anymore....coles brand yoghurts...grose fruit platters...eggs that were meant to be poached looked fried and mini muffins that were clearly not fresh. Very disappointing....but I must say I ordered room service 1 night and it was delicious. Stay away from the Breakfast it is definately not worth $15.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mons75
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The lady at reception was the rudest receptionist ive ever met and I have travelled all through Europe & Asia , I used to work in the industry and I know how guests should be treated! ...dont bother..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbaby84
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Yes this property is getting old, but it is still the best budget hotel in Cairns, the rooms are large and clean the staff friendly and helpful, whilst not in town it is very close and just far enough away to be quite and relaxing. The pool is great as is the evening buffet, you can choose from an ocean or hill view, I recommend the ocean view as you can sit and watch the boats coming and going.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This place is slowly sliding from a reliable 3 star to a 2 star. I stayed for one night but didn't stay for breakfast, a previous hot buffet breakfast about a year ago prompted me to head into town instead. The bed was comfortable and reception friendly enough in a dismissive kind of way but it sounds as if it has gone down market and is certainly acting that way. My biggest beef was the length of time it took to get hot water out of the shower. At no stage did I ever need to turn the cold tap on and I gave up waiting when it finally reached some sort of tepid modicum after about 5 minutes (serious). Before I drove to Cairns I thought I'd ring to see if my booking had been confirmed. I checked the web page for the phone number. What kind of a hotel doesn't have their phone number on their web page ? This one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2011

For the price, this is a decent option in Cairns. We had a family type room, which was comfy for our family of 4. We didn't have much of a view from our room, but it's just across the street from the beach.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was a great budget option for Cairns. Rooms were dated but very clean. You need a car to drive into the city area but you can also walk along the beachfront in about 10 mins. Would stay here again as a budget option in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple