“Surprisingly classy with great rooms and top service”

Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Sydney, Australia
“Surprisingly classy with great rooms and top service”
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stayed here during my second trip to Cairns. The rooms are designed nicely, spacious and clean. The pool was excellent too and although I'm not a huge gambler, didn't mind being so close to a casino.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 14 November 2010
Dear Benau7

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time in Cairns and at the Pullman. We are in the process of updating a few areas of our hotel with new iPod docking stations in all rooms, Nespresso coffee machines in all suites, a recently upgraded fitness room with the most modern electronic equipment in Cairns (including live TV onscreen displays on the treadmills, bike and elliptical trainer).

I hope that we can welcome you back next time you are in Cairns.

Adrian Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before and was very impressed & pleased with it's facilities & service. Th is recent stay I was disappointed with the service. No one at the door to open it or offer to help me as I struggled up the stairs with 2 bags in tow. The room and facilities were excellent, as I had expected.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you are one of our wonderful return guests who enjoy our hotel however please accept my apologies that on your most recent stay that we fell short of your expectations.

As you have indicated our normal level of service is extremely high. We have a team of porters that assist our guests with luggage on arrival as well as with the many other requests that guests have. I am sorry that on your arrival that service was not prompt as our team were busy with other guests. I have discussed this with my team with a view of making alternative arrangements in such circumstances to ensure all guests are met with luggage assistance on arrival. Again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope to welcome you back to the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino when you are next in Cairns so you can again experience our high level of guest service.

New Zealand
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This hotel was 5 star and we would stay there again, I am still missing their great beds you just melt into ! They provide a jacuzzi in your room, bathrobes and even a selection of pillows to help you sleep better. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, there were shops and restaurants within the hotel as well as close by, city centre wasn't far and we got alot of help and advice from their tour desk.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear LocalGirl35,

Thank you for your wonderful review. As you may have noticed we get a lot of great reviews for our bedding and it is pleasing to see that you agree!

Thank you also for your comments on the service you received from our team. It is perhaps then of no surprise that we consistently rate at the top of our guest satisfaction survey for hotels in the Pacific region. We are serious about great service and really pleased that you, like many others, discovered our service team were friendly and helpful.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you with us again.