“Love it, Love it, Love it, Love it, Love it!”

Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Fantastic stay at this hotel, clean large rooms, comfy bed, excellent service, friendly staff.
The only bad thing I could say is the the Chinese Restaurant inside the casino was very poor quality, crunchy rice and inflated prices.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2010

Thank you for your review. Many people comment on how comfortable our beds are and we are delighted we met your expectations! Thank you also for your comments on our service, we share these comments with our team and they will be encouraged by your feedback.

I note your comments on the Chinese restaurant. This outlet is not operated by us but I have passed your comments on to the restaurant owner. I eat in there regularly and in my experience the food has been always been very good. However we do provide a number of other restaurant options in our complex including the multi-award winning Tamarind which we do proudly operate.

I look forward to welcoming you back again
Adrian Williams

Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

melbourne
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I could not fault anything about this hotel.Rooms were clean and comfortable staff were friendly and helpful.Just great.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Thank you for your response. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay. Although Cairns is primarily a leisure destination we also do business travel very well. It is pleasing to see that for you travelling on business that you found everything met your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cairns
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Althoughwe live in the area it is nice to have a leisure break where you are looked after with no fuss but service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to have our Cairns locals stay with us and excited that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon!

warm regards

japan
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I didnt know that had to pay extra surcharge on Credit Card. Only 2min phone to domestic mobile was morethan 10$.... the room was Superior Bed with Spa but there was'nt any bath oil or Bath Bubble,Bath Salt so its regrettable to bring. Oh,,, Showerhead was broken ,, however I didnt call the room service because that was hotel quality I guess.I dont recomend this hotel if you cant sleep easily they have a party everynight, so some drank people make noise on the street the noise reverberated throgh the room, my partner couldnt slept well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2010

Thank you for your review. It is most unusual to read that you encountered problems with the shower head. Our housekeeping team test these daily in cleaning and servicing the room. Further we have a Perfect Rooms program that has our maintenance staff check and audit rooms regularly to ensure all items are in good working condition. As a result of this attention to detail we don't generally get complaints of this nature. Regardless I have instructed my team to recheck every room to be certain that we don't have a problem as you have described.

In relation to the spa bath, all rooms have a bath "bomb" provided. Perhaps you are not familiar with this: it creates a fizzy bath releasing essential oils into the water. Next time you are with us we would be delighted to show you how these work.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

First Class all the way, Tamarind Restaurant number 1 in Cairns I will recommend it to everybody with an Asian taste. The Chef Paul work very hard to maintain the consistency, the quality and freshness of his products.
The service in the Tamarind Restaurant is faultless and with smiling staff (very important for me) Thing rare in Cairns. Samuel is a jewel to the restaurant
Room exquisite, Staff from the concierge smiling and very helpful. Speaking many languages and so courteous with everybody.
My Daughter enjoy every bits of it.
The ambiance in the Vertigo Bar is great. A very good meeting place.
My only negativity will be I cannot go as often that I would like.(lol)
I use the Hotel at least 2 times a year and never was unsatisfied.
The Tamarind is my Restaurant in Cairns,same for my daughter.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2010

Dear PBoon

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to see that as a Cairns local you have embraced both our hotel and our multi-award winning restaurant. Please contact us for details on our monthly Tastes@Tamarind which showcases the latest in local produce matched with some wonderful wines and a chance to meet the winemaker.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman and Tamarind.

kairi
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Dinned at Tamarind Restaurant service excellent, meal really terrific.Found ourselves in the Casino and I was good luck for one of the players. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read you enjoyed our multi-award winning Tamarind and even found some luck in the Casino. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hobart
Reviewed 22 November 2010

All good great place to stay, Bedding comfortable, great shower!!

When staying with a mate in the same room the single beds need to be further away from each other, so we moved them ourselves. On the second night a free upgrade, very nice and appreciated and more space between beds!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel particularly the free upgrade!

In relation to bedding our team is available 24 hours a day to assist you with making your stay more comfortable. When you are next with us please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do to assist you to better enjoy your stay.