We stayed here in a 2 bedroom apartment and could not have asked for a better place to stay.
From the moment we arrived we were blown away. The check in staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - just as the phone reservations team were. The room has a fully supplied kitchen and laundry which made the place brilliant.
We were aware this was a serviced apartment that offers the choice for daily service at an extra cost if you want it = a fantastic alternative to charging a higher rate and including it whether the guest wants it or not. Personally I don't want people coming into my room each day so this was a bonus and it saved cash.
The location of the hotel cannot be beaten - right in the middle of the city, opposite the lagoon and park, 2 minutes from the night markets, 5 minutes from the casino, 2 minutes from the marina & restaurants.
We had an ocean view room which is absolutely worth the extra money (especially if you are on The Esplanade side & not Shields St side - the hotel is an L shape with the inside being city view rooms & the outside being ocean view).
The hotel pool & spa are protected from the severe nth Queensland sun but if you want sun on you while you swim then the public lagoon is on the other side of the street).
The stay was for myself, my other half and my mother (hence the 2 bedroom) - the make up of the room was a 1 bedroom apartment connected to a hotel room via an internal lobby with separate doors to each in the shared lobby. The doors to each can be kept open by swinging the security lock around to prevent the doors closing. This may not be ideal for a family with kids but perfect for adults travelling together.
I will never, ever shop around for a place to stay in Cairns - there is no competition & I will only ever come back to this place when in Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns