I do not usually write reviews, but I was very impressed with this place so I thought I would.
I did a big trip staying at a lot of places and really liked this one. This was actually the cheapest hotel (not hideously overpriced as some Australian hotels I found)I stayed in and the best.
Staff VERY helpful and organised my day trip pickups with no issues before advising places to see buses to take and where to catch them.
Hotel has a spacious reception which is glass and smart. The rooms are quite large and I was lucky to get a great view across the Esplanade.
The pool is compact but very nice, the gym is nice and spacious and free towels provided.
Hotel is located perfectly only a couple of mins walk to the reef terminal for your trips out. Also the night market is only a couple of doors down for souvenirs and food, and a McD's if close too for more reasonably priced and early doors breakfasts which I found useful.
I did not try restaurant which looked quite upmarket but it did smell good.
Generally a very relaxed and nice place which I thoroughly enjoyed staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments, featuring air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. Onsite facilities include 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns